IGNORED

EvoAva - Duvetyn

Brisbot

What piano do you use? Is it digital? Love the track as ever.

hey Polytrix, I used a friend's dad's disklavier :). I sequenced it originally using a sampler and midi, then I recorded it being played by my midi, which was cool. I honestly did it for the sake of doing it. I'm not sure how much I prefer the disklavier over a good kontakt sample of a piano since the piano is very straightforward and sounds good in kontakt purty ezly.

:whistling: This is the perfect song for the lamb on your avatar pic.

You're right, but I already made a track for Sargent Lambchops!

I recommended jokingly to him the other day to offer services, for a small fee, to run people's midi thru it, and perhaps send it back to them. I mean I got my stuff done QUICK since he already has recording equipment set up for it. But he said no. :*-(

Though, that shouldn't stop anyone else with a 15-20k disclavier! xD Though his Dad's had his for a long time.

Fenomenal! Ok, we have established that piano is disklaver - what about strings? At first glance it seems that they are real - because they breathe naturally and have little nuances that make them believable - but more I listen to it more it seems to me that you perfected your midi strings to this extent that a normal person wouldn't know.

Fenomenal! Ok, we have established that piano is disklaver - what about strings? At first glance it seems that they are real - because they breathe naturally and have little nuances that make them believable - but more I listen to it more it seems to me that you perfected your midi strings to this extent that a normal person wouldn't know.

Oh no I did them myself!

Okay they're midi. Heh. Embertone's Friedlander Violin and Blakus Cello. I've had the violin for quite a while now, but recently got the Cello a few months ago and had to start using it. There are a few limitations. The violin can only go on for a limited amount of time before the sample 'runs out', there's a semi- dip in volume, where the sampler essentially strings together two different violin samples to continue the sustain, though your note is kinda ruined by that point.

I hide it in the track, I won't tell where to maintain whatever 'illusion' I have after meticulous editing, but yeah they're there. The cello's there too, mainly as Staccato since the violin doesn't have it, but it does show up as the lead sometimes for variety.

The violin's mainly the lead, the only parameters I'm editing is the vibrato and the volume. There are more, but I'm not too fond of a 3% increase in realism if I try to control the vibrato length and frequency separately. It would take a good bit longer and this track already took a while. Though I might in the future.

So the Cello is better than the violin, mainly since it's newer, but the violin is in a frequency range where it's more practical to use as a lead. I've been looking for other good violin samplers but haven't had much luck. The friedlander violin is cheap compared to other samplers out there that are like 3-8 times as expensive and deliver a 10% increase in quality.

So yeah. COMPROMISE! :o I REALLY want their Ehru and maybe their viola, but I can't just keep buying stuff all the time!

This is great. Reminds me a bit of Emancipator, but better.

It's weird how much he and I can sound alike. I like a few tracks by him, but only found out about him a month ago. He makes much more beat oriented stuff than I do, though we use many of the same kinds of sounds.

Archived