IGNORED

Which Autechre EP should I buy first?

Guest chromakey_dreamcoat

I bought Peel Session 2 yestersay, guys! It was the only EP available at the music store... :pinch: I haven't listened it yet.

I'm used to their earlier style but I even like Peel Session 2. Blifil is the best track.

Guest nacmat
Except Anvil Vapre and Garbage (which are included in Tri Repetae++), which EP should I buy first? I have Incunabula, Amber and Tri Repetae++ so far and I must say that Autechre is really awesome. I'm gonna buy all their LPs, of course, but I want suggestions about their EPs, please.

Thanks in advance.

seeing that you enjoy the old school autechre I recomend "envane" and "peel session 1"

its the last work of theirs till they start being really alien

as for the later output, there are some genious eps:

cichli suite

peel session 2

ep7 (this is like an album really)

Guest yeesland

this is what's interesting about envane and cichlisuite. envane sounds like the very end of the early sound (including chiastic slide), and cichisuite sounds like the very beginning of the new sound (ie: lp5).

however, these 2 eps are from the same year. correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe they were both released between chiastic slide and lp5 (which is, to me, the biggest transition the band ever made... moreso than tri repetae to chiastic slide). DISCUSS

seeing that you enjoy the old school autechre I recomend "envane" and "peel session 1"

its the last work of theirs till they start being really alien

as for the later output, there are some genious eps:

cichli suite

peel session 2

ep7 (this is like an album really)

Like I said, I bought Peel Session 2. I like it and I may enjoy it even more over several listens. Autechre is really an interesting band. Since some months, I just buy electronic music albums and I plan on purchase Autechre's whole discography. It will take much time but I don't care. I already have 6 out of 18 releases: Incunabula, Amber, Tri Repetae, Anvil Vapre, Garbage and Peel Session 2.

Guest yeesland
envane is before chiastic I think

precisely.

how about this: the infamous DIVIDE between the old and new autechre sounds exists between these two eps: ENVANE and CICHLISUITE.

accept. deny. discuss

Guest nacmat

envane is before chiastic I think

precisely.

how about this: the infamous DIVIDE between the old and new autechre sounds exists between these two eps: ENVANE and CICHLISUITE.

accept. deny. discuss

I would say the change happens in chiastic though

Guest ambodino mutuumbooo

this thread made me want to buy ae eps as well, dunno why but i feel like spending some money... so here is what i am about to purchase: evane (only had it on mp3s before), cichlisuite, peel session 1. i think the best combo would be 4 small records but i cannot decide for the fourth one, it'll be either ae's peel sesion 2 or afx's donkey rhubarb ep (ep7 is more expensive and would destroy my 4 combination).

so which one should i get to complete my ass-explosion combination ??

Guest nacmat
this thread made me want to buy ae eps as well, dunno why but i feel like spending some money... so here is what i am about to purchase: evane (only had it on mp3s before), cichlisuite, peel session 1. i think the best combo would be 4 small records but i cannot decide for the fourth one, it'll be either ae's peel sesion 2 or afx's donkey rhubarb ep (ep7 is more expensive and would destroy my 4 combination).

anvil vapre

anti ep

gantz graf

Will you order off WarpMart? The EPs are all priced the same (except EP7) so you could customize your ass-explosion combination easily. I will order there somedays because they are at a low price and I can't find them at my local music stores.

stay away from anti ep untill you want to just complete the discog, cause she is nothing special.

disagree, the quasi-political song flutter pwns. redeems this release, one of their best tracks.

Both of you are absolutely insane, anti ep is sublime.....especially "Lost".

Archived