IGNORED

Anyone else overwhelmed by all of this new music?

YangYing

I was so hyped when the soundcloud dumps started and new aphex was coming and all of that but it became somewhat overwhelming for me, I kinda have lost interest in music as a result, kinda sad.

I guess is just a temporary thing, just wondering if anyone else feelin the same.

edit: dumb thread maybe iunno, i wanted to ramble on watmm.

edit2: i might also be slightly drunk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol yes, definitely. I remember the days when i had to go and seek out new music because i was running out.

Now I have so much music flying around on my hard drive that I can't find time to properly listen to it.

It's not a problem though, it's amazing. It's a great age to live in.

In a way, yes, feeling this way with books and computer games also. But at the same time, it's nice because I know there'll always be something to listen to. The trick is to remember we have--god willing--plenty of time to listen to most of it. Although I was more excited about the µ-ziq dump than the Aphex one, and listened to most of that immediately... :mu-ziq:

You don't have to listen to it all now or immediately, just take your time and listen to what you want today. I mean, I'm still working my way through that 200 track Gasman release, and enjoying it.

So much good stuff. Best to filter out the crud and listen to the best of the best, otherwise we'll never get through it lol. Trick is moderation: don't eat the whole bag of sweets in one sitting.

I feel this overload and easy accessibility of new music actually makes me listen to less music, as paradoxical as that is.

I mean back in the day, when mp3 could only storage like 50 songs or so, I would listen to the same shit over and over again, and quite often.

These days it's very rare that I actually listen to music. It's mostly for when I use public transportation or exercising, but that time is now mostly reserved for listening to podcasts. So it's rare I listen to music these days tbh.

i combine listening with music with doing other stuff

that way i get to listen to music

but yeah, so much music, it can be overwhelming

you can't eat it all,

you can not in your present form

Definitely feeling a bit overwhelmed. I have albums I've grabbed recently that I've barely listened to because Richard's output lately is just so relentless.

It's been incredible, and whenever it finally ends and we have time to properly process the music and what had actually taken place I think we'll view it as even more so.

Still though, I am feeling a bit exhausted by it all. And it's completely exacerbated by the fact that the music comes out of nowhere at any given time. Constantly F5ing and checking for updates has transformed me into a bit of a crackhead tbh. It would be awesome if he wrote a date on his SC account and just unloaded a batch of tracks then.

I feel like an asshole for complaining but hey, a problem of abundance is a good problem to have here. I'll "suffer" through these amazing times.

it's great. i've got over five hundred trackermatte songs. i just discovered jonas the plug expert and he has a bunch of free albums over here. penryn space agency is putting out tons of great mixes with playlists loaded with new discoveries for me. this is fine. this is really nice. listening to the same things over and over again ruins them and makes them stale.

sorry but this is one of the stupidest concepts i heard in a while, how can you complain about too much good music, you can pretty much go to the grave just listening to good music, its the greatest time to be alive as a consumer, enjoy it while it lasts.

Easiest way out of this is to not give a shit about soundcloud dumps.

tumblr_n0gxic4rbC1rwwptso1_500.gif

Some people just can't take help when you give it to them. :cisfor:

I probably do need an intervention

it's great. i've got over five hundred trackermatte songs.

and hearing stuff like this isn't helping

1381455976662.png

For real though, where are all those Trackermatte songs at?

sorry but this is one of the stupidest concepts i heard in a while, how can you complain about too much good music, you can pretty much go to the grave just listening to good music, its the greatest time to be alive as a consumer, enjoy it while it lasts.

Apology accepted. You should have left that part in where you called us mops. Pussy. It sounded funny that way.

Apology accepted. You should have left that part in where you called us mops. Pussy. It sounded funny that way.

but doesnt remind you of a spoiled 16 year old teen who trows a temper tamtrum because he wanted an iphone but their parents bought him a galaxy, i mean come on, when people have less they complain, when they have more they complain, i know im gonna repeat myself but how can a person in the first world complain about the total freedom of content???, this is the time our ancestors worked for, million of years of survival and evolution for us to sit at home and have total freedom over our life and stuff we consume, this is the human dream.

I probably do need an intervention

it's great. i've got over five hundred trackermatte songs.

and hearing stuff like this isn't helping

1381455976662.png

For real though, where are all those Trackermatte songs at?

over here on page 2 of the trackermatte completionist thread there is a big block of links to his older free stuff. he might like it if i mentioned that he considers his newer stuff his real stuff, and his older stuff just messing around or something like that, but i love his old shit. i'm still getting to know it all but i can say crossdaddy bonebags self-titled, music flag, and tolerable cruelty are great. the opening post of that thread has a possibly complete list of his releases, if you want to track down the ones that aren't linked on page 2.

but doesnt remind you of a spoiled 16 year old teen who trows a temper tamtrum because he wanted an iphone but their parents bought him a galaxy, i mean come on, when people have less they complain, when they have more they complain, i know im gonna repeat myself but how can a person in the first world complain about the total freedom of content???, this is the time our ancestors worked for, million of years of survival and evolution for us to sit at home and have total freedom over our life and stuff we consume, this is the human dream.

I'm pretty much of the same opinion as you, believe it or not. You're taking it a bit far however by trying to make it a dichotomy of the human dream and an adolescent smart phone tantrum. I just feel that damn near anything, no matter how good it is, can become overwhelming if it's just non-stop. Everything in moderation, right? The problem with me, however, is that I lack the inhibition required to know when to call it quits from time to time. And that's why you hear me crying.

562.gif

Archived