IGNORED

Failed attempts at musical categorization

drillkicker

I know we've all seen this done to some of our favorite artists before, so, since I couldn't find any threads about it, I decided to make one as a sanctuary in which we can express our disgust to each other.

I've seen some bad categorizations before, but this one just needed to be shared.

musical_categorization.png

I'd really like to know what the people at jpc.de were thinking when they looked at that and didn't see anything wrong.

See: the "dance" section in any record shop. Anything remotely electronic goes in there, as long as it's after 1990. Tangerine Dream and Jarre still belong in rock/pop.

There are only two record stores worth going to in my area, and one of them doesn't carry any electronic music at all for some reason, like the owners have some sort of grudge against electronic stuff, except for Boards of Canada, oddly enough. The other one, The Sound Garden in Baltimore (by far the best record shop within at least 100 miles), is run by people competent enough not to fuck up like that. I don't understand why some people WHO WORK AT GOD DAMN RECORD STORES call electronic music "dance." People who work with music as a profession should know better than that.

BoC probably because Music Has the Right to Children is one of the two token electronic albums allowed on every 100 Greatest Albums Ever list (the other being SAW85-92, which is too difficult for most places to bother getting hold of)

Archived