IGNORED

Post your theories

YO303

*buy

--

anther reason to care about this is the state of the internet (as seen by most people) , its always selling you shit, if its not the nerdist promoting figurines its conan promoting video games or reddit promoting deadpool, we have allowed marketers to take over our internet experience and you have to go out of your way to find cool stuff

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

deer: why do you care so much about it?

i hate this type of shit, why care about anything? and what should i be caring about? this topic was on my mind for about 30 minutes our of the 1440 minutes of the day, jesus christ lol

in all seriousness, i think this is all connected to the unnecessary consumption of plastic-y unnecessary shit that is polluting this earth, im not saying its not okay to have things but does the world need a 550 dollars blu ray box set? or a 330 tardis replica? or a fucking star wars figurine? we are in an age where this fucking shit unnecessary and we have enough info to realize how fucking selfish it is to but one of these things, you are not only destroying the environment but also some poor old chinese woman worked 12 hours for fuck all $$ so you can buy one of these lame ass shit , was it worth it?

It worries me that people don't think about the consequences of their consumption because we are the first one to go on social media and bitch about how "republicans are denying climate change" but then turn around and buy one of these fucking useless shit these movie studios push to the nerds.

I agree with you about the consumption, its like "brave new world' tho innit

*buy

--

anther reason to care about this is the state of the internet (as seen by most people) , its always selling you shit, if its not the nerdist promoting figurines its conan promoting video games or reddit promoting deadpool, we have allowed marketers to take over our internet experience and you have to go out of your way to find cool stuff

It's always been this way. You don't think they were pumping AFX on the radio in 92 do you?

I don't mean don't care, rather I meant why are you getting so upset over it? Yeah it's important to acknowledge the effects of marketing and consumption, but instead of working yourself into a lather about it, why not take a breath and see how you can contribute to the solution rather than just having a rant on a board read by around 3,000 people?

Adblockers are great. Can't understand how people use the net without them.

Yeah, some amount of nerd culture is just blatant consumerism.

Like those monthly box subscriptions that you get sent garbage in every month, because you have some fucking insane void to fill that you need presents sent to yourself every month like a stupid fucking child. Now there are a million of those fucking things.

Like, please reflect on your fucking existence for just a fucking moment.

Like, please reflect on your fucking existence for just a fucking moment.

Most people probably do.

Are you serious? I would say the reason humanity is in the position it's in right now is precisely because people do not reflect on their existence enough.

Everything his habitual. You build these habits. wake-up, check the phone, check the internet, work, eat, wank, eat, fuck, wank, sleep. rinse and repeat.

Before you know it you have no idea why you are even doing anything.

What do you think would spending more time reflecting on existence bring about?

The beginning of existing mindfully.

What are these box subscriptions though?

Monthly boxes full of garbage.

people should really practice loving kindness meditation.

I find the conscionable will to have everyone do a particular inert or positive act, like meditation or loving one another, generalized and painted across humanity to be ironically totalitarian in nature.

I find the conscionable will to have everyone do a particular inert or positive act, like meditation or loving one another, generalized and painted across humanity to be ironically totalitarian in nature.

sitting down, thinking about someone you love and then concentrate on that feeling is so.... totalitarian?!?!

The human species is incapable of a sustainable environment since we evolved as a group of animals that would use up all resources in an area and then move to another one.

sitting down, thinking about someone you love and then concentrate on that feeling is so.... totalitarian?!?!

No, the act itself is not totalitarian. Wanting everyone to do so is. That's why it's funny. It's not a criticism, just an observation.

The human species is incapable of a sustainable environment since we evolved as a group of animals that would use up all resources in an area and then move to another one.

That's not true. We can use technology to ensure constant production of resources in a single spot. Also, proper farming practices are sustainable.

I actually theorize that most agriculture will move to small communities once the technology becomes accessible. As it stands now, most people could use computers and artificial environments to grow most if not all the food they need. It's just a matter of altering the behaviors, but people are slowly adopting this concept.

Archived