IGNORED

Mogwai - Atomic

kirm

Surprised there wasn't a thread for this already (sorry if there is and I just couldn't find it!)

Anyhow this is awesome I think soundtracks bring out some of their best stuff

I like this. not love, but like. but I still love this band.

also John has left and a lot of the hard-edged Mogwai goes with him. the band has changed. we can't expect any oldschool shit going forward.

Thanks for posting the artwork jules! Love the fact someone popped in just to say the thread was dog shit and slag off Mogwai!

Sorry I couldn't be arsed to post artwork or links! ;)

Anyhow I love this album but agree would be nice for Mogwai to go proper fierce again

• 3 weeks later...

I really dug this, very subtle tension and build-ups. Fitting for a album about nuclear programs. Something else about the overall sound on some of the less typical tracks reminded me of a hyped band called Public Service Broadcasting, I suppose they both have a old cinematic influence, except I really prefer this over PSB's stuff, which is overwrought with corniness and vocal samples.

post rock soundtrack about explosions in the sky that's better than the post rock band explosions in the sky

Archived