IGNORED

Music like Actress/Levantis (Darren J Cunningham)

Polytrix

Hey.

Simple really, Actress is pretty much my favorite producer and I'd like tip offs for similar stuff.

It's what I listen to to inspire me before I make tunes but I've heard it all so much that it's lost it's immediacy and so want something new. 

It's got to be hypnotic, loopy, experimental and just lush basically.

I found some similar stuff on 1080p but I'm sure there must be tonnes of others I don't know about.

CHEERS IN ADVANCE

Poly

Have u tried 2562 / A Made Up Sound? He seems to be super underrated round these parts but most everything he touches is hypnotic / loopy / experimental / just lush

Oh and Andy Stott is really good too, the newer albums have a bit more polish to them but check out the Passed Me By / Stay Together eps for some dank sludge

Oh and second the Huercos

Thanks! Keep them coming people!

Really enjoying Patricia right now. Yeah, I respect Four Tet but it's not really the sound I'm into. 

Arca is really cool but not really subtle enough for me.

It's an amazing world we live in where we can match our taste almost exactly to a producer's sound. Yum.

I found some similar stuff on 1080p but I'm sure there must be tonnes of others I don't know about.

I would check out stuff on Opal Tapes and Astro:Dynamics. I would say most stuff on those labels, the former especially, is akin to Actress general sound and approach. L.I.E.S. (Long Island Electrical Systems) is a good bet too. You can fall into quite a rabbit hole with artists on these rosters on Spotify / youtube / etc. Some have put out stuff on 1080p and 100% Silk.

Two of my favorite Opal Tapes artists, one remixing the other.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived