IGNORED

IMC Sun - Taker

yshf

NEW THING. It's called Taker. It's all over the place. It's available here. Any feedback is welcomed. Not really sure what to think of it at the moment.

Love,

:catrecline:

This was very unexpected. I like that went kind of all over the place genre-wise while keeping a certain sound across all the tracks! I'm a fan, keeping this one.

Everybody Else could totally have been on the latest Gold Panda album. touches on that glitch sound but it is all pretty catchy and playful overall.

Is the same kind of distortion used all over the album? sounds really good, reminds me of the Beringer tube pedal I used for a while there (it broke in a move ?)

Boom bip click pop I thought that were very autekky. What you use to create it?

Yeah ae are a big influence on me, it's pretty obvious. I'm working quite differently from them though, using almost entirely hardware - in the early days it was mostly just chopping up stuff i programmed on my phone with my kaossilator, but now i've incorporated a sp-555 and some pedals for texture.

This was very unexpected. I like that went kind of all over the place genre-wise while keeping a certain sound across all the tracks! I'm a fan, keeping this one.

Everybody Else could totally have been on the latest Gold Panda album. touches on that glitch sound but it is all pretty catchy and playful overall.

Is the same kind of distortion used all over the album? sounds really good, reminds me of the Beringer tube pedal I used for a while there (it broke in a move )

Thank you! Glad you can appreciate the spontaneity/craziness. Gold Panda is definitely an influence to some extent, love his minimal stuff. Appreciate the comparison!

The distortion you're hearing comes from some varying combination of the lo-fi compressor from the sp-555 and the gain/trim knob on my kaossilator. Sorry to hear about your fallen pedal, man. I've got a moog analog distortion that I almost threw in the mix but left out to keep some clarity in the samples.

Archived