IGNORED

Tipper - Flunked

Bubba69

Always enjoy Tipper. Some of his albums are top notch music, amazing sound design, mastering etc. I don't think they get much attention because they tend to fall under a more mainstream umbrella genre wise... or something?

Always enjoy Tipper. Some of his albums are top notch music, amazing sound design, mastering etc. I don't think they get much attention because they tend to fall under a more mainstream umbrella genre wise... or something?

He has his fans here. His downtempo albums in particular should be super highly regarded here, but even his dance floor oriented stuff is cool (I prefer the breaky and hop hop stuff more than dubstep styled releases).

Best albums are Surrounded, Tip Hop, Relish the Trough, Forward Escapte for me.

I just grabbed Forward Escape last night, haven't heard it through yet though!!!

Relish the Trough is my favorite I think, but I really enjoy all his releases. Broken Soul Jamboree was really good too IMO. My introduction to tipper was about 12 or 13 years ago. Used to listen to James Zabiela and Sasha dj sets all the time and they dropped Tipper's name a few times. I think Zabiela toured with Tipper in 2002 in Australia as well, they were both reppin' the Pioneer CDJs at the time?

Srry for that useless tidbit lol. Just reminiscing. 

Wonder if he'll drop a full length soon, seems like he mostly just does these little 4-track eps as of late.

I like his ambient stuff too but I'm actually more into his glitch-hop (as somebody on discogs described it), I used to listen to tip-hop obsessively.

Archived