1 hour ago, Schlitze said:

You're 42, diatoms. And you're Irish. So it doesn't effect you anymore 

symmetrical

union jack

will always

have an

effect(matrix)

on me

BetheLightthatradiatesunconditionalLoveForgiveHealandhaveFun:)

"You know, How did I get to be 37 years old without hearing of the Feigenbaum constant" - Veritasium, an element of truth

'This equation will change how You see the World'

The Feigenbaum Constant (4.669) - Numberphile

'The Science Behind the Butterfly Effect' - Veritasium, an element of truth

'The Mandelbrot Set' - Numberphile

'What's so special about the Mandelbrot Set?' - Numberphile

• Like 1

I Love this Reality

nothing worse than not hearing the

Healing Music

You Love:)

‘Deaf’ genius Beethoven was able to hear his final symphony after all

'Musicologist uncovers evidence that, contrary to established belief, the great composer retained some hearing in his final years'

"The one thing everyone knows – or thinks they know – about Ludwig van Beethoven is that he composed some of music’s greatest masterpieces while completely deaf. Compelling as this sounds, the story has a flaw: it may not be true. According to a leading Beethoven expert, the composer still had hearing in his left ear until shortly before his death in 1827.

“This is going to send everybody scurrying to revise biographical concepts about Beethoven,” Theodore Albrecht, professor of musicology at Kent State University, Ohio, told the Observer. Albrecht, who has uncovered crucial evidence in contemporary accounts, believes that although Beethoven suffered severe deterioration in his hearing, he did not lose it “to the very profound depths” that musicologists have assumed.

“Not only was Beethoven not completely deaf at the premiere of his Ninth Symphony in May 1824, he could hear, although increasingly faintly, for at least two years afterwards, probably through the last premiere that he would supervise, his String Quartet in B-flat, Op 130, in March 1826,” Albrecht said."

1550.thumb.jpg.a43c921221c1326f80824cd2311fd98a.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/feb/01/beethoven-not-completely-deaf-says-musicologist

Antarctica logs hottest temperature on record with a reading of 18.3C

'A new record set so soon after the previous record of 17.5C in March 2015 is a sign warming in Antarctica is happening much faster than global average'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/07/antarctica-logs-hottest-temperature-on-record-with-a-reading-of-183c

I wonder what's under the ice

Aphex Matrix

2076174962_MT_93_07_cagey_canny_1_full.thumb.jpg.a307ffe5392f56ad0c25b24dd9b9ae60.jpg

I don't know why, but I'm anti-big mixers, for some reason. The mixer I record with at home is only about so big; it's 8-channel, and I've got a 16-channel one which is even smaller. I don't know what it is. It's got no writing on it - I found it in a second-hand shop... I think it was home-made, and some of the pots were a bit dodgy, so I've changed it around. I just really like small things. Big mixers are a rip-off. I can't imagine spending £100,000 on a mixer for 20dB less hiss. Turn the treble down at the output and you've saved yourself a hundred grand.

On 2/6/2020 at 4:00 PM, ZoeB said:

5 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

84986006_1298370083695787_5703852161205534720_n.jpg.cb7e39abf20fd1ece9bad3df800535b2.jpg

Haha:)

Arctic Australia

with

Tasmania Brasil

2048px-1572_Europa_Ortelius.thumb.jpg.5a78d8a64c094a6a158846885b031236.jpg

1472px-Abraham_Ortelius_Map_of_Europe.thumb.jpg.07346f42ef8f0794503894420521c52a.jpg

Ortelius_1572_Ireland_Map.jpg.a18a21efb7928b71c3911c889a589c60.jpg

"Brasil, also known as Hy-Brasil or several other variants,[2] is a phantom island said to lie in the Atlantic Ocean[3] west of Ireland. Irish myths described it as cloaked in mist except for one day every seven years, when it becomes visible but still cannot be reached.

The etymology of the names Brasil and Hy-Brasil is unknown, but in Irish tradition it is thought to come from the Irish Uí Breasail (meaning "descendants (i.e., clan) of Bresail"), one of the ancient clans of northeastern Ireland. cf. Old Irish: Í: island; bres: beauty, worth, great, mighty.[1]

Despite the similarity, the name of the country Brazil, also spelled Brasil, has no connection to the mythical islands.

Nautical charts identified an island called "Bracile" west of Ireland in the Atlantic Ocean as far back as 1325, in a portolan chart by Angelino Dulcert. Later it appeared as Insula de Brasil in the Venetian map of Andrea Bianco (1436), attached to one of the larger islands of a group of islands in the Atlantic. This was identified for a time with the modern island of Terceira in the Azores.

A Catalan chart of about 1480 labels two islands "Illa de brasil", one to the south west of Ireland (where the mythical place was supposed to be) and one south of "Illa verde" or Greenland.

On maps the island was shown as being circular, often with a central strait or river running east–west across its diameter. Despite the failure of attempts to find it, this appeared regularly on maps lying south west of Galway Bay until 1865, by which time it was called Brasil Rock."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brasil_(mythical_island)

• Like 1

John Oliver just became a US citizen

Uncle Sam(s) bring him out

red and white stripes

blue band with white stars

stove top

hat

370760009_redwhitestripes.unclesam.thumb.png.4c59a04ff805028a8fc2863d74a3d6e2.png

On 3/1/2018 at 4:30 AM, diatoms said:

Uncle Sam

what happened to the red and white stripes

on your top hat

It wasn't just a blue band with white stars

on a white top hat

you know:)

https://forum.watmm.com/uploads/monthly_03_2018/post-17854-0-93754500-1519877867.jpg