IGNORED

Henge - Cosmic Dross / Love Love Records

samfez

From beyond the rings of Saturn and travelling at speeds faster than light, Henge are a collective of aliens united by a mission to save planet Earth. Their debut EP Cosmic Dross is an introduction to their universe. 

Unit of Power provides a sparse, murky opening before blasting-off into smokey psychedelia. Humans is a crash-course history lesson about the inhabitants of planet Earth sounding like something Monty Python might make while taking LSD. The dripping acid lines of Venusian Apocalypse ooze funk while rephlexion chords bleed over splutterings of wisdom, spoken in their native tongue of Venusian. The fury of Jupiters Wild Ride smashes like a comet with shrieking synths colliding and tarantino-esque guitar licks, ricocheting to a cosmic peak before climaxing with Puck Funk, a high-octane cliff-hanger for their journey so far. 

One small step for Henge. One giant leap for mankind. 

This EP is released on the 23rd of April. Vinyl version will be released on the 23rd of May. 

Pre-order here: http://bit.ly/2p0H5pJ

www.hengemusic.com
www.loveloverecords.net

post-19161-0-89730300-1491496764_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I now love henge.  A few of my mates saw them at Bluedot festival last weekend, and said they were easily the highlight of the weekend ahead of Orbital, Leftfield and a bunch of others luminaries.

Seeing them live is an absolute requirement. First time I saw them they lead the crowd outside at the end of the night, and released the coveted space cassette into the void on a balloon... I think it barely made it over the roof of a nearby mill, but it was magical.

Archived