IGNORED

Can you play cassettes?

oscillik

I found another Teac in the trash today, which puts me at something like 12 fully working cassette decks in the apartment right now and maybe twice as many that have issues (not all of them are mine though, but maybe 3/4 are). 

Probably going to trade or sell the Teac to cover some of the $100 I owe for my half of the big Marantz haul form a couple weeks ago:

20210728_193838-small.thumb.jpg.2f9d26b28d72599d8bb9c02aee3dfe69.jpg.

But I don't listen to cassettes at all, just record on them.

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 1

IMG_0055.thumb.JPG.f5147cf90bb419010ccca019ce0abbdf.JPG

also just got this, proper cassette tape player/recorder a few months ago. in great condition, even came with the owner's recorded/unrecorded tapes. it's currently dusty and isn't being used obv but still.

i can play cassettes.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 12:25 AM, TubularCorporation said:

I found another Teac in the trash today, which puts me at something like 12 fully working cassette decks in the apartment right now and maybe twice as many that have issues (not all of them are mine though, but maybe 3/4 are). 

Probably going to trade or sell the Teac to cover some of the $100 I owe for my half of the big Marantz haul form a couple weeks ago:

20210728_193838-small.thumb.jpg.2f9d26b28d72599d8bb9c02aee3dfe69.jpg.

But I don't listen to cassettes at all, just record on them.

woah nice !

but who is that crazy to make a wobbly pile of 12 on a chair (wich  probably have wobbly wheels) ha

2 hours ago, neurone said:

woah nice !

but who is that crazy to make a wobbly pile of 12 on a chair (wich  probably have wobbly wheels) ha

Of the 13 there, 6 are pretty much broken (but 5 might be repairable), one probably just needs belts, and 6 more are in OK shape but have seen a lot of use.  So it's not quite as exciting as it looks.

As far as stacking them, that's what they call vertical organization.

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a marantz. I want to sample onto it. I think cassettes are good for mid range sampling. Cassettes really are blatantly analog tapey sounding too.

I also have the library of congress school for the blind cassette player. needs servicing tho. lots of possibilities

Edited by marf
  • Like 1