IGNORED

Mopfunk - DR110_Workout

Mopfunk you abled basterd, dope shit when you bring in the breaks imo,  but as a whole it follows all aphex ® trademarks so closely, I must admit when I heard the wobbly vocals it made me cringe a little. I bet if you put it on a user41678548'ish account people here will debate the origins. Nothing wrong being a fan, I'd like to hear more original ideas.

That's coming from someone who is derivative as fuck, so take with right amount of salt grains :cisfor: .     

Mopfunk you abled basterd, dope shit when you bring in the breaks imo,  but as a whole it follows all aphex ® trademarks so closely, I must admit when I heard the wobbly vocals it made me cringe a little. I bet if you put it on a user41678548'ish account people here will debate the origins. Nothing wrong being a fan, I'd like to hear more original ideas.

That's coming from someone who is derivative as fuck, so take with right amount of salt grains :cisfor: .     

ah damn! good to hear from another perspective, will have to rethink some creative decisions i tend to make, haha :)) the vocals were from my girlfriend (russian broad), just a clip from a birthday voicemail she had left last year around the time the track was conceived, thought it was fun! damn my subconscious to heck. it is a huge fear that i fall into a super derivative loop or something..... anyway, good advice/angle  :music: (taken with the proper grains)

nice tune! snappy as fuck. 

thank ye v much!

Definitely a lot of skill on display here, like others have said. The Aphex vibe shines through. Nothing to complain about from me, I truly feel like I just listened to a Richard b-side. 

Definitely a lot of skill on display here, like others have said. The Aphex vibe shines through. Nothing to complain about from me, I truly feel like I just listened to a Richard b-side. 

thanks a bunch, glad that you enjoyed it so :)

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing!

Really well produced, sounds like something dug up from an old Richard crate ;)

ah damn! good to hear from another perspective, will have to rethink some creative decisions i tend to make, haha :)) the vocals were from my girlfriend (russian broad), just a clip from a birthday voicemail she had left last year around the time the track was conceived, thought it was fun! damn my subconscious to heck. it is a huge fear that i fall into a super derivative loop or something..... anyway, good advice/angle  :music: (taken with the proper grains)

There's definitely similarity to Aphex, but to me that just says you're doing everything right. Aphex and you both use a wide variety of synths and sounds, packed into detailed, catchy songs. The music you create is original. Aphex uses such a wide palette of sounds -- there's no way anyone could lay claim to them. Make the music you want to hear. Don't worry about critics like this.

I can't imagine how it must feel to put as much effort into these songs as you did only to be told that it made someone "cringe" because "YOU WEREN'T THE FIRST TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS!"

:music: Please keep making music like this. :music:

aw, thank you for the kindness. i ain't bothered by criticisms in the least; it is actually really insightful and almost flattering that people even sometimes listen to my stuff and share their opinion. p cool. but yeah can't say thanks enough.

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing!

Really well produced, sounds like something dug up from an old Richard crate ;)

:) thanks a ton, always nice to hear and a solid compliment to receive

Those delayed synths at 0.25 blew my fucking mind out of the universe! fucking cool track man.

You're going to places man.Real cool braindance.

haha thanks a bunch mate :)

Archived