IGNORED

Just made a new song, would love some feedback from you guys

I don't have much in the way of technical feedback, but the song was quite nice. 

Track length was just right, everything progressed nicely. It would probably fit well in a movie somewhere heh.

Reminded me of something like Moorcheeba Big Calm Lp, quite like the echoy Indian vibe from the drums, and the moody bass line.

If I was to be negative I'd say the first 2mins 30sec is good, then I would say it went just a bit too middle-of-the-road (for me) and a bit too easy listening. First half is cool though.

I think the new agey vibe was perfect if youre going for that thing....yoga studios would lap that shit up ;)

I wanted more bite...but perhaps that would be misplaced...

nicely arranged. al the parts fit really well. it's catchy for that style. 

i listened on headphones so take this w/a grain of salt.. i found the snare to be a bit too loud in that first part of the track when it's panned to the left.. sort of blends better when that first change comes in and everything gets a lot fuller.  also, the vocals are really buried on my headphones. couldn't really hear them. they get lost.. maybe that's intentional? 

but really no complaints. i've been working on arranging a really long track today so have had my headphones on for a long period of time and maybe my ears are just done for the day... ;)

Guest Chesney

Def too hippy for me, could be easy on some chillout moods compilation. Not my thing BUT... mixed perfectly, sounds great.

If I was to pick anything that annoyed me about the sounds it would be that the snare right at the start sounded cheap. Maybe process the snare slightly different to the kick to get a more interesting filtered sound.

Nice track. I second ignatius's impression that the snare during the intro is too loud (or maybe that the rest of the intro is too quiet). Also the the bongo-like sound starting at 0:21 is somewhat clicky, is this intentional?

I think the new agey vibe was perfect if youre going for that thing....yoga studios would lap that shit up ;)

I wanted more bite...but perhaps that would be misplaced...

Heh - I think I know what you mean. Noted, and thanks for listening! 

Nice production on this track, the mix is fantastic. Was this mastered?

Thank you I appreciate it! It was not mastered, I'm not sure what I'm doing with that stuff so I just put some multipressor on the output track and bounce it (Logic X)

nicely arranged. al the parts fit really well. it's catchy for that style. 

i listened on headphones so take this w/a grain of salt.. i found the snare to be a bit too loud in that first part of the track when it's panned to the left.. sort of blends better when that first change comes in and everything gets a lot fuller.  also, the vocals are really buried on my headphones. couldn't really hear them. they get lost.. maybe that's intentional? 

but really no complaints. i've been working on arranging a really long track today so have had my headphones on for a long period of time and maybe my ears are just done for the day... ;)

thank you for listening, and for the useful feedback on it. I was hoping that the beginning wouldn't be too obvious - I accidentally deleted this song's project file, and all I had was a very unfinished MP3. The original beginning had this awful MIDI bass in it, and I couldn't remove it or anything else that bothered me. I ended up just cutting a bar of the best part and looping it, but it never quite sounded right to me either (especially drums). Anyway I just really wanted to release it so I could focus on new stuff, and was hoping that only I would notice it ;)

Def too hippy for me, could be easy on some chillout moods compilation. Not my thing BUT... mixed perfectly, sounds great.

If I was to pick anything that annoyed me about the sounds it would be that the snare right at the start sounded cheap. Maybe process the snare slightly different to the kick to get a more interesting filtered sound.

Thanks for listening! Yep..working with MIDI drums is painful. If I did it again, I would get real drums instead - maybe in the future at some point

Nice track. I second ignatius's impression that the snare during the intro is too loud (or maybe that the rest of the intro is too quiet). Also the the bongo-like sound starting at 0:21 is somewhat clicky, is this intentional?

I hadn't really noticed how clicky that was until you pointed it out. I explained above, but the original file was lost, so I could only completely re-do it, or add to the last bounced MP3, which I ended up doing. Should have backed up :(

Archived