IGNORED

No more chatmm?

ae5

I'm too stupid for Discord. I signed up there with Wurstwasser as the user name. Clicked the WATMM Invitation button a few times, but WATMM group appears as locked. WAT_DO

Sorry, my fault - you're approved now!

what i've realized after talking to people at flow festival is that very few of them actually *post* on watmm. all the discussion / podcasts / etc are happening OFF your site joyrex! Gotta bring people back! Isn't that weird!? 

what i've realized after talking to people at flow festival is that very few of them actually *post* on watmm. all the discussion / podcasts / etc are happening OFF your site joyrex! Gotta bring people back! Isn't that weird!? 

Yes, I am aware - we get far more "lurkers" than people who post. Been that way for a long, long time.

The new forum will offer many more opportunities for social media interaction (incoming and outgoing) so I think that will draw more people into participating.

Forums can't exist in a vacuum anymore; you have to integrate with all the various platforms people are now accustomed to using (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, etc.)

i hope it doesn't suck. i also hope we're not required to link to a standard social media account, yeah? i despise facebook and like this place because it's essentially the last bastion of the old internet (to me).

i hope it doesn't suck. i also hope we're not required to link to a standard social media account, yeah? i despise facebook and like this place because it's essentially the last bastion of the old internet (to me).

Yeah tbh having all that shit synced up creeps me out. I like to at least have the illusion that my every post isn't getting data-mined by spooks. I would be a lot less frank if that was required and would probably ultimately bail.

No... I feel the same way as you do - the new forum will just offer more ways of sharing content with those services, that's all (and is voluntary). We'll actually have more incoming (updates from Twitter, etc.) coming into the forum than vice-versa.

Again, this is all early days stuff, so we'll implement it as it makes sense, rather than deluge you all at once with stuff we don't need. This forum refresh will give us an opportunity to review what's worked, and what hasn't feature-wise on the forums, as well as bring new features.

Yeah tbh having all that shit synced up creeps me out. I like to at least have the illusion that my every post isn't getting data-mined by spooks. I would be a lot less frank if that was required and would probably ultimately bail.

Agreed - if anything, I might start closing WATMM more to the outside, where there is a sense of community, but not some open wasteland a la Reddit where any rando fuckboy can come by and donk things up.

Agreed - if anything, I might start closing WATMM more to the outside, where there is a sense of community, but not some open wasteland a la Reddit where any rando fuckboy can come by and donk things up.

Perfect and sounds exactly what is needed. That was the folly with the open discord one; it turned into a whore and let anyone in, diseases and all. Looking forward to the new one when its done.

Archived