IGNORED

Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O. - Electric Dream Ecstasy

Nebraska

a2354456493_16.jpg

i have a strange connection to these guys. for one, i don't really know them, but i love them. i also like their music in small chunks; i have one of their records which is considered short- for them (its not short). these guys make music where the shortest track is around 6 min and the max can be 45min. they go all out. you're listening to a bunch of guys rocking out for the sake of rocking out- and really rocking out. there's even a version of lynch's 'sycamore trees'. 

it's tough to say what is their best album, but holy crap- this album is beyond. it's magical. 'pink lady lemonade' which is pretty much a standard by now on all albums sounds the best i've ever heard it. and how is that possible?

does anyone else love these guys or i'm i alone?

https://essence-music.bandcamp.com/album/electric-dream-ecstasy

Nah mang I am very well acquainted with them. First given Troubadours From Another Heavenly World on a CDr in around 2002 or 3 and I saw them live with Gong in 2003.

I got taken under the wing of a neckbeard experimental music guy living with his parents in his 30s when I was 19 and he was in the middle of sperging over AMT at the time. He used to regularly buy copies of ltd run CDrs direct from Kawabata Makoto, like there'd be 10 total of them. 

Surprised they're still going tbh. I also have that Splendid Man picture disc :^)

I recommend Hot Rattlesnakes. Had a great time on shrooms to this album a long time ago

I recommend Hot Rattlesnakes. Had a great time on shrooms to this album a long time ago

jesus, between the Acid Mothers Temple project and Kawabata Makoto's other projects there is like 123908109284 albums. Where to start?

Oh my, it's been so long since I listened to that, I completely forgot about them. Thanks for a reminder. I have this CD and it was on constantly when I got it. A funny story, actually. Forever ago I met this spaced-out dude while camping. He would blast AMT in his car and older campers complained about it all the time. I got this CD as a gift from him, which was really nice. This brings back some fond memories.

Not alone. Their stuff is great. 

i didn't enjoy this album because it was basically different versions of pink lady lemonade. i really love when they do different like 41st spendind man. i hunted that 45 down to the point of killing someone (namely: myself)

Not alone. Their stuff is great. 

i didn't enjoy this album because it was basically different versions of pink lady lemonade. i really love when they do different like 41st spendind man. i hunted that 45 down to the point of killing someone (namely: myself)

If you like 41st Splendid Man check out Magical Powers From Mars.

Also this

God Bless AMT. my fave Pink Lady Lemonades that i've heard are the two AMT & The Cosmic Inferno versions, with Afrirampo on vocals

In O to Infinity.. love the weird gluey bass and backwards drum rush in track 1

tangentially related, speaking of Afrirampo.. track 4 from Suuto Breakor is magic

Ahhhh yes! These guys have always had a rep, recall on last.fm seeing "theuniverseismeltingasIlistentothis" was a genre tag, lol.

Saw them live in 2006. Decent but long defunct band called the Antarcticans opened. It was at the old Emo's in Austin, inside stage. Really hyped dance band called Ghostland Observatory played the outdoor stage and had a much bigger crowd. Back then you could go between shows and smoke outside in between the buildings.

They opened their set by blasting distorted drone tones at 120db and then fucking tuning their guitars to it. Even the most crusty old fuck metalhead in the audience plugged his ears. I think the shortest song was 12 minutes, they went in 20+ minute jam chunks. Funny stage banter - the leader singer was like "Texas - no drinking outside...no smoking inside. Drink inside, smoke outside. No smoke inside. No drink outside." and they kept repeating that mantra into a weird little improv jam which concluded with him saying 'always marijuana :D "

I saw this guys after seeing their peers DMBQ the year before. That DMBQ show was one the best fucking shows I'll ever experience, sadly a week later their touring drummer died in a car accident in NYC. Their studio stuff doesn't do them justice. Japanese pysch scene - nothing like it.

Archived