IGNORED

eczem tracks

eczem

These are really just exercises in re-calibrating a small system i built, but without the time/capacity for serious compositional arrangement or post-production. Thought I may as well share them here though since I still kind of like them. My influences are probably obvious.

https://soundcloud.com/eczem/sets/mmr

Listened to the first one. Sounds pretty amazing. Nice punchy weirdly timed snares and beautiful background noises always make me happy

Thanks for listening, glad you enjoyed it.  Hoping to find the time to get some deeper and more dynamic structures going, and hopefully work on a release I can be proud of.

• 1 month later...

This is very nice. I like those weird bending buzz sounds and the variations in the rhythm. Really satisfying to listen to. Very original!

Sweet, thanks Darreich. I feel like i'm gearing up with certain tools and sounds and techniques right now, and i'm having a lot of fun. It's those dynamic structural changes that I need to figure out how I want implement.

^indeed a nice little interlude.

Also listened to MMR_1.13 and think this is my favourite so far

Oh, good. I was afraid that one was a little sloppy and piercing in the high frequencies. Not really bothering with mixing or post-production at this stage.

Edited by eczem

• 2 weeks later...

fuk direction, this rocks. 1.13 is giving me osla for n vibes rn = good thing!

Thanks dude. I'll take 'Osla for n'-like as high praise. That track is a serious grower.

I was just listening your track Odland Forestal on the ae-thx tribute we were on a while back; such a badass, had a singular aesthetic to it. I kind of wish i could swap mine out for something better, or contribute to a second volume.

fuk direction, this rocks. 1.13 is giving me osla for n vibes rn = good thing!

Thanks dude. I'll take 'Osla for n'-like as high praise. That track is a serious grower.

I was just listening your track Odland Forestal on the ae-thx tribute we were on a while back; such a badass, had a singular aesthetic to it. I kind of wish i could swap mine out for something better, or contribute to a second volume.

wow, i had all but forgotten about that one myself lol, thank you, too! think it turned out quite eclectic as some parts / ideas were originally part of a collab for something else but i guess it works... but yeah i think i'd take a different approach nowadays, too, ah well...

I actually like the mixing. It's a pretty badass sounding beat. You definitely have a distinct style

I feel like i haven't quite figured out yet how to preserve the texture and punch that i want without leaving my tracks tiring to the ear, but I suppose i've made some progress over the years. Thanks about the style though... I'm sometimes worried about sounding like a watered down version of my influences, so distinct is good.

You definitely have a distinct style

qft.

deliciously wet, that last one!

Thanks man. I like things slippery/ in motion.