IGNORED

SNES Game Sound System v1.42

worms

guess so, i couldnt do it myself, no idea how to make opera

that reminds me of venetian snares, remember when he made opera jungle with dance like your selling nails

just tried the software and the fx section doesnt seem to be programmed in, so no cheap reverbs available

still a great piece of software though

imagine making drum and bass and having it used in a homebrew game

imagine making drum and bass and having it used in a homebrew game

already been done my friend (not quite dnb, not quite a game, but still very impressive)

YES  this is so good to know about.

I used to ripthe samples from SNES roms and use them in the old MPC but it's hardly the same.  Although I did do one track a long time ago where all of the percussion was made from sound effects ripped from SNES golf games that I still kind of like.

The new threads this weekend have got me really thinking about getting back into chiptunes.

I also want to point out the C700 vst synth. Basically the snes was a sampler, and you can extract ALL snes samples from any game ever. There's a website for it (google .spc, there are websites dedicated to housing all the snes samples). Basically any snes patch in any game ever can be yours assuming someone ripped them. 

I've been using SNESSOR 95 to extract samples, C700 looks a lot more convenient.

It'd be all about loading original samples onto a RAM cart and resampling them from an actual SNES for me, to get the sound of the antialias filter and analog signal path and cheap old converters, but SNES RAM carts are too expensive for me right now.

Same here, to be honest.  I don't even bother trying to make them sound anything like actual SNES audio when I use them.

But even if I never used it as an inatrument that plugin is great just for being a more modern, straightforward way to rip the raw samples.  Thanks for posting it, instant download for sure!

I was thinking again last night about how the octatrack and the SNES have the same number of voices available, and that there could be a case made for octatrack music being pretty closely related to chiptunes (since it's more or less a tracker).

YES  this is so good to know about.

I used to ripthe samples from SNES roms and use them in the old MPC but it's hardly the same.  Although I did do one track a long time ago where all of the percussion was made from sound effects ripped from SNES golf games that I still kind of like.

The new threads this weekend have got me really thinking about getting back into chiptunes.

those are nuts!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived