IGNORED

Aquanauts (Drexciya's brother's band)

TheBro

This track OMG - so very cool. I remember it when it was released being cool but I just heard it recently and was like 'wow'. I think my older sister has this release on vinyl. Definitely their best track I'd say.

• 4 weeks later...

"Following a bench trial, defendant was convicted of second-degree murder, and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony,  He was sentenced to a prison term of 14½ to 25 years for the murder conviction, and a consecutive two-year term for the felony-firearm conviction."

fortunately the track sounded pretty garbage to me, so nothing of value was lost. :watmm:

• 1 year later...

Not sure if Stinson even wanted that book and all the unreleased music out, and the buzz that's surrounding drexciya right now created by other people. He seemed pretty serious about his music and story, and somewhat of a control freak, in a good way. To me it feels a bit disrespectful; all the stuff that's going on - even if it's family that's behind some of these things - just people, not Stinson, giving the background of Drexciya sort of their own twist and releasing the stuff via official channels

On 7/6/2020 at 1:58 PM, Berk said:

Not sure if Stinson even wanted that book and all the unreleased music out, and the buzz that's surrounding drexciya right now created by other people. He seemed pretty serious about his music and story, and somewhat of a control freak, in a good way. To me it feels a bit disrespectful; all the stuff that's going on - even if it's family that's behind some of these things - just people, not Stinson, giving the background of Drexciya sort of their own twist and releasing the stuff via official channels

I know what you mean, but ultimately as long as his family are getting their share I think it’s fine.  Plus there’s nothing that’s come out that’s tarnished the legacy, some of it has been gold.

Archived