IGNORED

New Technics coming?

user303

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/43027

sl-1200-mk7-1.jpg

Looks like a technics turntable!

Interestingly, the reverse play function has been added.  Whilst this is nothing new (my old Numark's could do this), I did occasionally find it useful.

This technics probably has better vibration dampening, so hopefully we will see a bunch of these being reintroduced in clubs as vinyl seems to be on the rise again.

I would want to compare the spec to my Pioneer PLX-1000s, which have greater pitch variation (+/- 50%), but no reverse play (diddums)

Edited by fletcher

i heard theyre £1299 each. 

Ouch.  The PLX-1000 is half that.

i might be wrong. that was a comment on a rubadub post on facebook. doesnt seem to be officially announced.

pretty hard apparently. i got my old boi on ebay for 300 tho. I resoldered some new rcas and the grounding cable and we were off to the races. amazing machine really. love it.

Edited by dr lopez

Resident Advisor:

The price and release date of Technics' recently announced SL-1200 MK7 turntable has been revealed.

The details arrived via What Hi-Fi, who are reporting that the SL-1210 MK7, which is sold in Europe and the UK, will cost £899 and €1000 while the SL-1200 MK7 will retail for $1200 (the decks are identical apart from the name). They will be available in May.

The price is much less expensive than the SL-1200G announced in 2016, which was targeted at an audiophile market rather than the DJ culture that built the deck's legacy from the '70s through the '90s. The new product sees the brand attempting to pivot back towards DJs, but it remains in a higher price bracket than competitors like Pioneer and Reloop, whose SL-1200-inspired turntables are mostly manufactured by Hanpin in Taiwan.

Edited by fletcher

• 1 year later...