IGNORED

Placid Angles - First Blue Sky

drome

• 1 year later...

how'd i miss this.  its nonstop belt-ran belt-ers :dadjoke:

it also sounds like for this magicwire release, the pads have a bit of lone-influence, especially on bad minds and angel

Edited by markedone

• 3 months later...

watmm is seriously sleeping on this. well I cant blame you, i was too. 

this album really impressed me and been on repeat since two weeks. even his ambients tracks on here are great.

a moment away from you is such a special track. masterpiece. have that je-ne-sais-quoi in the melodies that is just visceral to me. 

then this fun kinda track

and the finale, what a way to finish this album. soft summer, the strings at the end, the melodies, wouah, 

9 hours ago, Ayya Khema said:

watmm is seriously sleeping on this. well I cant blame you, i was too. 

this album really impressed me and been on repeat since two weeks. even his ambients tracks on here are great.

a moment away from you is such a special track. masterpiece. have that je-ne-sais-quoi in the melodies that is just visceral to me. 

agreed, this album rules front to back.  ^ that track is the one that imo sounds like a Lone+Beltran hybrid.

2lp still available from the source.  Would be all over it but I cry when I see that the cost to ship it to mexico is as much as the record itself ?
https://instituteofadvancedthinking.net/product/placid-angles-first-blue-sky/

1 hour ago, markedone said:

agreed, this album rules front to back.  ^ that track is the one that imo sounds like a Lone+Beltran hybrid.

2lp still available from the source.  Would be all over it but I cry when I see that the cost to ship it to mexico is as much as the record itself ?
https://instituteofadvancedthinking.net/product/placid-angles-first-blue-sky/

Right? I wanted to mention it. it really reminds me of lone somehow

his melodies on this track is so touching, im quite shock by this album. will explore Beltran discography. any pointers?

41 minutes ago, Ayya Khema said:

Right? I wanted to mention it. it really reminds me of lone somehow

his melodies on this track is so touching, im quite shock by this album. will explore Beltran discography. any pointers?

Hopefully someone else has more exhaustive knowledge, but from my limited dive>

The previous release under Placid Angles is also great - The Cry (1997)

Ten Days of Blue (1996) is amazing, a classic ambient techno release.  But sidenote; John recommends not to buy the reissue or digital from Peacefrog records, in what seems to be an unfortunate / exploitative rights-holding situation.  Read https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/42370

He has lots of stuff @ https://johnbeltranmusic.bandcamp.com/releases, i woud also like someone to give me a primer.  There are a few other watmm threads for recent releases, can consult those

his recent delsin stuff is really nice. "the season series" and especially "hallo androiden". a collection of ambient works came out a while ago called "ambient selections" which is awesome. earlier stuff on delsin is just ok.

but yeah, older stuff - the cry, ten days of blue, indio (which is being reissued this month on vinyl).

he also just dropped a ton of eps all on different labels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1