IGNORED

I’m doing a 2019 Ranked list and I need your help...

President Squidward

Hey all! I’m doing a 2019 ranked list on my Rateyourmusic account, listening to as much albums from this year as I can that I’m interested in! And I’m curious to know if there’s anything you’d like to rec me from this year that I can review and add to my list! I’m down to review any genre, even if isn’t totally one I listen to much. But if you want to send me stuff I’d REALLY love, anything electronica or Hip Hop wise would do the trick! The next albums I’m currently gonna do by myself sooner or later are the following...

- Injury Reserve - Self-Titled

- Clipping. - There Existed an Addiction to Blood

- Little Simz - Grey Area

- James Mcvinnie/Tom Jenkinson - All Night Chroma: Royal Festival Hall

- Flying Lotus - Flamagra (I’m gonna do his full discog in order tho before since I’m ocd about it with the artists I’m REALLY interesting in following from the beginning)

- Danny Brown - Uknowwhatimsayin¿ (Same thing I’m doing like Flylo)

- !!! - Wallop (full discography first too maybe since it’s Warp and I love this fuckin label a lot)

- Bibio - Ribbons (full first)

EP’s I can gladly take but I think with my final 2019 rankings I’m gonna do LP only. 

Here’s all of the 2019 ratings I’ve done: https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/PrezSquid/strm_relyear/2019/1

This project is probably gonna be a thing for me too in early 2020. I’m not gonna be able to finish everything so fast, plus I’m not into rushing a lot of album reviews so quick since I want to digest the music first.

2019 Ranking list will be on my RYM account around the 31st. I will update it since I know this is gonna take me into 2020. So send away! Thanks for the help ?

I would recommend Misha Panfilov - Heli Maagia, sort of has the fun type of melodies that you could get out of Plone but with more of an old school library music quality to the whole thing.  And if you like the fast beats, W00DY - My Diary is really amazing.

On 12/26/2019 at 3:09 PM, ncrtx said:

I made this: www.karelvo.com/2019

How did I not check this link until now??? So sorry. Will look through this as I continue my 2019 ranks throughout this year!

For now, I finished my to do list above (with @taphead’s suggestions too!) and slowly writing and ranking on all of the albums I’ve heard from last year. Keep checking for updates. will write more when i wake up. Thanks for the help everyone! 

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/PrezSquid/prezs-2019-albums-ranked

• 7 months later...

Here are a few suggestions from my list:

Quelle Chris - Guns
Tyler, the Creator - Igor
De Ambassade - Cuistre kamers
These New Puritans - Inside the Rose
Clinic - Wheeltappers and Shunters
Hierophants - Spitting Out Moonlight
Possible Humans - Everybody Split

On 8/18/2020 at 8:14 AM, pizza said:

Not before you listen to this, imo:

https://tendens.bandcamp.com/album/complexicon

AOTY2019

Never heard of this before this thread, sounds cool. "B2 First Digital Life?" reminds me a lot of Fragrant-World era Yeasayer.

There's very little info about this group online. They seem to have many releases on Bandcamp but they don't exist on RYM. Maybe I'll fix that. I assume this background story is BS?

Starting out in the mid-50s, The Seneschal Arrives revolves around the two core members Targ Lothervinius and Lok Grédning, two of the most uncompromising and relentless creative forces in avantgarde/independent rock. Leading a fully organic lifestyle on the famed and feared "Wolf Isle", they still avidly write and record music to this very day. 

During the late 70s, Targ and Lok were lucky enough to test early analogue Moog Music Inc. and Roland Co. equipment, such as the Model-B and an analog prototype version of the TR-707, long before they were released to market. These special prototypes are featured in a range of their recorded works, along with other analogue equipment. 

Since our friends absolutely despise anything digital, this site has been set up by distant friends and diehard fans in an attempt to spread their genius across a broader spectrum of listeners. 

Archived