IGNORED

Endless - Online Collaborative Music Making

Joyrex

Per Engadget: https://www.engadget.com/2020-03-31-endless-music-collaboration-app.html

Thanks to social distancing measures, online collaboration is more prominent than ever. But that doesn't just go for work -- it's part of having fun, too. When it comes to remotely making music with friends, there's typically a high barrier to entry. Not everyone is familiar with the workflows of digital audio workstations like Ableton Live or Apple's Logic Pro X. That's where Endless comes in. Billed as a "multiplayer music" app, it's aimed at users who are familiar with the basics of music production and synthesis while remaining somewhat accessible to those who aren't. Though it probably won't become a staple of bedroom producers, it could be a fun way to pass the time while cooped up at home.

Yeah it was in beta for years. I never got an invite, I guess because I never got anyone else to sign up ?

Anyway, I downloaded this last night, it's pretty fun. The public jams are a cacophony as expected, but private jams can be created and shared. I'm keen to get some friends involved and work on some loopy stuff together. Shame it's iOS only at the moment; I'm on iOS but a lot of my friends aren't.

You only really need the lightning to USB dongle, but yeah I'm not sure if I can be bothered connecting an audio interface to my phone yet. Maybe if some friends of mine join. 

It'd be great to record acoustic instruments into it though.

Archived