IGNORED

Endlesss.fm - Tim Exile's new music-making platform

cear

just got an e-mail from tim exile about his new music-making platform he's been building

Get an invite to the early-access version : http://www.endlesss.fm/?r=eoAWQ (thawkins referral link thing)

back story article: https://medium.com/@timexile/endlesss-is-beginning-13628c5030e7

About Endlesss
We’re building a new platform for music-making that puts enjoyment first

We believe the best route to creative success is to forget about it and enjoy the process. In a world where we consume music as polished tracks it’s easy for musicians to get lost in joyless perfectionism.

We believe the music of the future will put joy before tracks.

Story
Endlesss was founded in 2017 by musician and technologist Tim Exile. After learning to play the violin as a kid Tim fell in love with the sound world of electronic music but missed the performative nature of playing the violin. Propelled by this he went on to develop his own instrument for performing electronic music alongside his career as a recording artist. This inspired him to bring together a group of talented friends from his network in the music and tech industries to found Endlesss.

Since 2017 Endlesss and the team have been funded by Innovate UK, Tim’s investment and investments from friends and family. We’re currently based in Somerset House, London as residents of the Music Hackspace. We are currently raising investment. For more info contact hello@endlesss.fm

Edited by cear

lol rsp

someone explain to me what this is without me having to engage with it pls

all we know is that we need to pay first. it must be scientology

Edited by xox

I like investing all my money in abstract notions how do I sign up

i bet this will be cool no matter what it actually is going to be.. also, where is it mentioned you need to invest beforehand??

in any case i'm in the early access pool now. :)

i could put others referral links in first post, if interested ..

Wow. Tough crowd...

Yeah.. does everyone suddenly hate Tim Exile or something?

This has been teased on the Project Rockpoool facebook group for a while now, can't wait to see what it actually is.

I'm being very positive thank you. I like Tim and I think most of vatem does as well? If not whyyyy

Wow. Tough crowd...

Yeah.. does everyone suddenly hate Tim Exile or something?

This has been teased on the Project Rockpoool facebook group for a while now, can't wait to see what it actually is.

I'll just take any opportunity to post a Bruton Music track.

That said, this does have a very startupy, disrupty, SXSWy kind of aroma to it, opinions of Tim notwithstanding.

• Like 1

This seems like something interesting, I used cear's link to sign up. If they've got 3 referrals already, maybe spare a few for me too plz. http://www.endlesss.fm/?r=eoAWQ

Building a workflow that lets me be creative without thinking about technical stuff too much has been my thing for the last year or so, so this thing resonates somewhat.

Yeah, I'm going to pull a 180 and say I'm OK with this until the moment when/if a subscription model or microtransactions or something show up, or it turns out it's not an instrument (hardware or software, either is cool) at all but some kind of SERVICE.  But on second viewing it doesn't look like that's what it's about for now, I'm just so cynical about this kind of thing at this point that I pretty much expect any startup business that doesn't already have a prototype to be "we're going to take something people have been doing for free for ages and monetize it" so I jumped to the conclusion that this was going to turn out to be some kind of web based collaboration tool that added a middleman to the groundbreaking practice of hanging out with your real-life music friends and playing some music (or if you don't have any, going out and finding some).  Somehow my brain added "collaborative" to the whole thing.

But yeah, it looks like it's actually going to be some kind of softsynth or software/hardware hybrid, and that's fine, I don't listen to a ton of his music but I've definitely watched some videos about how he makes it and he seems to have good ideas, I bet he comes up with something interesting if nothing else.