IGNORED

Israeli-Palestinian conflict

isreal trying to get to  a wider war to suck america into it. to deal w/iran etc.. fucking insanity. surprised i haven't seen the meme of the tom hanks movie "I'm the captain now" w/bebe's head and it saying "I'm the nazi now" but maybe it's there and i've just not seen it yet. 

this seems like a country swinging wildly. can't imagine this will be good for anyone long term. more people will leave israel. 

• Like 1

personally i think it's cool that israel is currently destroying its international reputation for generations. at this point anyone millenial and younger is basically fed up/done with their bullshit. and rightly so. i'm extremely depressed that it had to come at the cost of thousands and thousands of innocent Palestinians lives.

Edited by dr lopez
  • Like 4
  • Big Brain 1

2 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

personally i think it's cool that israel is currently destroying its international reputation for generations. at this point anyone millenial and younger is basically fed up/done with their bullshit. and rightly so. i'm extremely depressed that it had to come at the cost of thousands and thousands of innocent lives of Palestinians.

yeah.. it's incredibly sad and frustrating. also, what i think israel is betting on is maintaining influence in america via aipac and $$$$ to politicians since that seems to rule in the USA and cause politicians to ignore the will of the people. that being said, israel has lost most of the young people who do not identify with colonialism and the ethnic cleansing project.. and more or less see it for what it is. 

hopefully these young people stay politically active and at a minimum vote in elections... i think that could have some small effect in the USA but not any time soon and electoral politics is not really a way to get things happening quickly.. but anything is possible. 

20 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

personally i think it's cool that israel is currently destroying its international reputation for generations. at this point anyone millenial and younger is basically fed up/done with their bullshit. and rightly so. i'm extremely depressed that it had to come at the cost of thousands and thousands of innocent lives of Palestinians.

I’ve heard a lot of political analysts say the same, that Israel will become a pariah on world stage and that even in America and Europe the populations of people will see it as an apartheid state and it will follow the same trajectory as South Africa 

Whenever a ceasefire comes, and I hope it comes sooner than a wide regional or even global war, I bet that those international courts are going to really begin with their prosecution against Israel and any other country that aided and abetted. Just as always none of the Americans letting all this happen will be held accountable probably. 

• Like 1

I doubt there's a ceasefire coming any time soon. They're expanding the Zionist territory and Lebanon and the west bank are probably next in the free real estate rush. They see Biden is a lame duck, and he won't do shit in fear of upsetting the election. The US red line is nowhere to be found. 

Fuck Israel. Fuck the US. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

I doubt there's a ceasefire coming any time soon. They're expanding the Zionist territory and Lebanon and the west bank are probably next in the free real estate rush. They see Biden is a lame duck, and he won't do shit in fear of upsetting the election. The US red line is nowhere to be found. 

Fuck Israel. Fuck the US. 

Yeah Lebanon looks very likely. Saw an axios article today saying Biden White House asked Israel over the weekend to ensure safe evacuation for all US citizens living in Lebanon. Says there are ‘thousands’ of Americans living and working in that country now but does not give exact figure 

is this guy even trying to make sense? if their fight is against a political party, you ask all citizens to evacuate their homes just you can you level everything instead of just going after members of said political party 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

is this guy even trying to make sense? if their fight is against a political party, you ask all citizens to evacuate their homes just you can you level everything instead of just going after members of said political party 

"see what you made us do!"

• Like 1

according to the israeli minister of diaspora and combating antisemitism, lebanon (and now syria and iraq) don't meet the definition of independent states because of the control exerted by various militias, foreign armies, and local military forces in different areas. so amichai wants us to (maybe?) stop calling them countries or just consider the whole thing destruction of palestine (and soon- hopefully, lebanon) as "okay" because they're all just a bunch of militant thugs hell-bent on destroying the well being of god's children (the jews). also, reframing the narrative this way makes the jews look good, which they noticed isn't currently the case. not too shabby of a narrative from the minister of diaspora and antisemitism 

b7dj2i5y72rd1.jpeg?width=615&auto=webp&s

https://www.trtworld.com/middle-east/moroccan-court-to-try-israeli-soldier-over-alleged-gaza-war-crimes-18209504

Israeli soldier Moshe Avichzer was reportedly detained in July while vacationing in Marrakesh. He is accused of committing war crimes in Gaza after completing a three-month tour of duty there. 

Avichzer had shared photos from his vacation in Morocco shortly after posting images of himself amid destroyed Palestinian homes and rubble in Gaza.

Following protests by hundreds of Moroccans demanding his prosecution as a war criminal, a Moroccan court is now reportedly preparing to hear his case.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, geosmina said:

Netanyahu is the new Hitler.

honestly, sounds like the speeches GW Bush gave after 9/11 in the run up to iraqi invasion. we all knew it was all bullshit, well, many of us knew or didn't buy into it.. but he would stand up and lie over and over again as did his cabinet. it seemed like the country was in a trance. netanyahu's lies just seem worse and more bold in the face of everything but who is he lying to? who is this performance for? so he can keep his seat of power w/help of the rightwingers in israel. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 3