IGNORED

what kind of music is this?

soundwave

I've seemed to notice that the more cutting edge DJ's are playing this kind of speed garage thing with 808 percussion all over the place. I first heard this nu groove as such at ATP from DJ Rashad and DJ Spinn.

e.g. http://boilerroom.tv/%CE%BC-ziq-mike-paradinas-45-min-mix/

and some of this http://boilerroom.tv/machinedrum-50-min-mix/

It does have a 'sound' as such and I like it but what does one describe it as so I can sound like what I'm talking about and be down with the kids?

:music:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The drums patterns in footwerk can have a nice rolling 'flight' to them at times. Haven't really explored this genre much, what I've heard so far has been far too repetitive though to put in my cuppa

I'm sure some talented ppl on this board could give it the braindance treatment and make for more interesting stuff

The drums patterns in footwerk can have a nice rolling 'flight' to them at times. Haven't really explored this genre much, what I've heard so far has been far too repetitive though to put in my cuppa

I'm sure some talented ppl on this board could give it the braindance treatment and make for more interesting stuff

ramadanman's on the case

They have, Machinedrum and Africa Hitech to name two big releases last year, and a ton of future bass/dubstep producers dabbled in it. I personally find the genre and back story interesting, though some of it is definitively not intended for serious listening outside of the dancing context it came from.

i'm working on a juke random generator in Reaktor now, it was much easier than i thought it was going to be to make.

lol

i believe this kind of music is known as 'crap'.

en-crapworld.jpg

New Planet Mu shirt

Unless you are trolling, most of that falls under "footwork."

seriously its the first time I've come across it

we don't get too much underground stuff played in my neck of the woods

oh man you missed the DJ Nate threads!? I'll summarize: :mu-ziq: signed :mcgriff: and WATMM was like :wtf::facepalm::trollface::huh::nelson::cisfor::shrug::trashbear:

I'll summarize: :mu-ziq: signed :mcgriff: and WATMM was like :wtf::facepalm::trollface::huh::nelson::cisfor::shrug::trashbear:

lol

lol

i only read about this shit the other day..

some of it's ok, tho, i spose. not too bad. i don't see why any of it really needed releasing, tho!

i mean some of it is sorta catchy but it also sounds pretty lame, in quality as well as arrangement.

Warp Films with bbc is doing it already.

Those tracks I posted were footwork tracks these ones are however juke tracks (This is what you'd listen to in a club in Chicago, they used to just battle to the footwork tracks)

I personally am more into the footwork stuff as I find juke too bouncy (that's the whole point of it) I really like the woozy mesmerising feeling of footwork way more.

why hasnt planet Mu made a footwork DVD release yet, you know its a matter of time before someone does. A lot of this music to me doesnt function without the visual accompaniment.

yknow that's a really good idea. i can really only get behind this stuff when it's accompanied by actual footwork. and there's a shitload of it on youtube.

why hasnt planet Mu made a footwork DVD release yet, you know its a matter of time before someone does. A lot of this music to me doesnt function without the visual accompaniment.

yknow that's a really good idea. i can really only get behind this stuff when it's accompanied by actual footwork. and there's a shitload of it on youtube.

Warp Films with bbc is doing it already.

Those tracks I posted were footwork tracks these ones are however juke tracks (This is what you'd listen to in a club in Chicago, they used to just battle to the footwork tracks)

I personally am more into the footwork stuff as I find juke too bouncy (that's the whole point of it) I really like the woozy mesmerising feeling of footwork way more.

I can hear the ghettotek/ghetto house influence in juke more

is Warp doing a doc or some kind of "live" special...either way I could see Planet Mu releasing a "battle" dvd of live footwork

If you view music in terms of whether its 'basic' or 'complex' then you're not really getting much out of any music, I feel really sorry for you.

Yes Warp Film, are doing something with the BBC as I said before, but I don't see why a documentary is so necessary to you guys? Did you need one for jungle? Was it so important for grime?

Archived