IGNORED

Is Beatwife's Cornbrail Acid an Aphex release?

Guest tronicphace

• 2 weeks later...

do you guys not remember the thread where he said his music is next level shit and if we don't think he's better than afx we need to see a doctor or some shit like that?

turned me off of his music that's for sure.

Beatwife is really underrated. Folks have said they were put off by the name, but in case you'd like some music under another name, you could listen to Aphex Twin since that is a better moniker. I am simply in awe by the sentence I just authored.

Guest RupturedSouls

Humm...
Beatwife has a song called "Double Dildaddy" on The "All Over Yer Face" EP In it it's exclaimed "The Sound of the Real Fucking Daddy" & "Who's the Fucking Daddy"

Squarepusher got a lot of exposure from the EP "Big Loada", where on "Come On My Selecta" we hear "Who's the Fucking Daddy?"

And Aphex Twin had similar success with the "Come To Daddy" EP...

So, either all three are the same person ( :cerious:har har ) or, using the Word DADDY in an IDM song instantly gives you notoriety, fame, and wicked skillz.

Maybe we've been missing it all this time. Intelligent Daddy Music. We should all say good tracks are 'the daddy' more often.

Seriously though. I'm loving Beatwife, who is not AFX etc. His sounds are freakin mental, but so far lack a bit of catchyness or rememberance. Not like poppy, repetative, but like how even as mental and chaotic as DruQs is, after one listen you kind of felt tracks flow and remembered when stuff came in/changed/flipped out/blipped etc. on your second listening. As soon as he nails that, he'll hit god tier.

BTW, did anyone get the Cornbrail Acid TAPE? Been looking for one, mainly as the tracks are different to the download. Can't find one anywhere :sad:

BTW, did anyone get the Cornbrail Acid TAPE? Been looking for one, mainly as the tracks are different to the download. Can't find one anywhere :sad:

Sure, I got it!

II think it's Steinvord and he made it during the summer, dressed in Bermuda shorts, Hawaiian shirt and purple flip-flops. Sipping on a nice tropical fruit alcoholic punch.

Lol at Intelligent Daddy Music. Hah I like that.

Seriously though. I'm loving Beatwife, who is not AFX etc. His sounds are freakin mental, but so far lack a bit of catchyness or rememberance. Not like poppy, repetative, but like how even as mental and chaotic as DruQs is, after one listen you kind of felt tracks flow and remembered when stuff came in/changed/flipped out/blipped etc. on your second listening. As soon as he nails that, he'll hit god tier.

Yeah, definitely. His melodies and general songwriting could use a bit of refinement, but his programming abilities, particularly his drums, are about as good as it gets.

That Gargattarax Llany youtube was 1 big ad for this album, with everyone speculating rdj of course being behind it

Did he really have to use a fake name to reveal a beatwife album? I guess he wanted the rdj/watmm hype to sell some extra copies :)

Guest RupturedSouls

Sure, I got it!

Jelous! I'll keep tabs on discogs/ebay. I was just really late in discovering it :(

Archived