IGNORED

Marvel Movies [formerly MCU]

Rubin Farr

I recently bought the first volume of Knights of Pendragon which was published by Marvel UK, has anyone here read it? I grew up with issues 6 & 7 which I always loved & freaked me out. Its a superhero comic (Captain Britain) but its not super hero comic at all, its basically a political & environmental story. Its absolutely superb and I highly recommend it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_Pendragon

I haven't read anything after 9 as the editor was fired for various reason, swearing at aimed at someone, red blood (instead of black), captain britain beating someone to death, not enough super heroes.

Also issue 6 cover is amazing (the guy who did it also did the excellent Batman VS Judge Dredd):

Pendragon_1-06-00f.JPG

edit: Forgot to say, imagine they made of a film of it!?

Did you know that Captain Britain, and the fact that he owned the AMULET OF RIGHT and the SWORD OF MIGHT, is widely considered to be one of the most powerful super heroes of all time? Neither did I. In fact I had never heard of Captain Britain until about 2 weeks ago.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abusivegeorge

I recently bought the first volume of Knights of Pendragon which was published by Marvel UK, has anyone here read it? I grew up with issues 6 & 7 which I always loved & freaked me out. Its a superhero comic (Captain Britain) but its not super hero comic at all, its basically a political & environmental story. Its absolutely superb and I highly recommend it.

I haven't read anything after 9 as the editor was fired for various reason, swearing at aimed at someone, red blood (instead of black), captain britain beating someone to death, not enough super heroes.

Also issue 6 cover is amazing (the guy who did it also did the excellent Batman VS Judge Dredd):

Pendragon_1-06-00f.JPG

Did you know that Captain Britain, and the fact that he owned the AMULET OF RIGHT and the SWORD OF MIGHT, is widely considered to be one of the most powerful super heroes of all time? Neither did I. In fact I had never heard of Captain Britain until about 2 weeks ago.

Pendragon is a Village and Castle in Cornwall ;)

Pendragon_1-06-00f.JPG

I did not know this, good fact to drop while talking comics. Excalibur is really good too & it has captain britain in it who is considered one of the most powerful super heroes of all time, did any of you know this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excalibur_%28comics%29

edit:

i want to read this as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Gawain_and_the_Green_Knight

the name sounds a bit like a dance hall mc, a middle english dance hall mc.

Edited by funkaholic

• 2 months later...

what i don't understand is why they would make another Thor, Captain America and Iron Man movie when clearly the Hulk was the most popular character in the Avengers and was placed in for almost every single audience pleasing moment. Is marvel stupid or does Mark Ruffalo really cost too much? I can't imagine he'd cost anywhere near the over exposed Robert Downey. I'm only looking forward to Antman and Guardians of the Galaxy personally.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

• 3 months later...

what i don't understand is why they would make another Thor, Captain America and Iron Man movie when clearly the Hulk was the most popular character in the Avengers and was placed in for almost every single audience pleasing moment. Is marvel stupid or does Mark Ruffalo really cost too much? I can't imagine he'd cost anywhere near the over exposed Robert Downey. I'm only looking forward to Antman and Guardians of the Galaxy personally.

Because just like the first two Hulk movies, another one would expose the sad truth about the Hulk as a character - nice in small doses, but a full-length soley about him is fucking boring. He worked in the Avengers because he spent realtively little time as the Hulk.

Also, Ruffalo couldn't be that expensive - look at him in that terrible "Now You See Me" magic movie. Surely they didn't pay him a premimum for that.

really wish they would stop making these superhero movies. it's all the same shit. weird how they miss the variety that you find in comics. every single movie is an origin story, an end of the world threat, part of a cycle leading up to a major team up. there are no stand alones, nothing clever, it's all grey and serious. so fucking sick of this shit.

really wish they would stop making these superhero movies. it's all the same shit. weird how they miss the variety that you find in comics. every single movie is an origin story, an end of the world threat, part of a cycle leading up to a major team up. there are no stand alones, nothing clever, it's all grey and serious. so fucking sick of this shit.

The problem is, those interesting stories in comics take many volumes to play out properly, like a soap opera - for a movie, the story has to be a tight package (unless say they did it like the Harry Potter movies, being a part of a bigger whole), so almost every movie is going to be like that. They're just popcorn flicks, not high drama. Enjoy it for what it is.

oh god... purely for documentational purposes

[youtubehd]_9-9U6Rm46U[/youtubehd]

since this isn't a Marvel Studios movie, I put it in the X-Men thread also.

Edited by Rubin Farr

Because just like the first two Hulk movies, another one would expose the sad truth about the Hulk as a character - nice in small doses, but a full-length soley about him is fucking boring. He worked in the Avengers because he spent realtively little time as the Hulk.

Also, Ruffalo couldn't be that expensive - look at him in that terrible "Now You See Me" magic movie. Surely they didn't pay him a premimum for that.

Cool, now i don't have to tell him that. It's soo obvious too, camman awe wassup witha u. ;-].

That said, i don't mind the idea of hulk as a standalone character, as long as it's not another fking origin myth story (totally agree with zaphod there).

Is there way to handle the Mandarin that wouldn't piss off fanboys? He is a ridiculous racial stereotype, and Marvel can't risk having a film banned in China.

Edited by doublename