IGNORED

Marvel Movies [formerly MCU]

Rubin Farr

The posing looks ridiculous and unnatural, what's up with that. The only thing on that poster that has a right to look that wooden is groot.

I think they're going for a retro vibe, as with the soundtrack. That poster is totally 80s. (Also, very clear references to original star wars posters)

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The posing looks ridiculous and unnatural, what's up with that. The only thing on that poster that has a right to look that wooden is groot.

I think they're going for a retro vibe, as with the soundtrack. That poster is totally 80s. (Also, very clear references to original star wars posters)

Have you seen many 80's posters? Composition perhaps, execution nope. A lot of ensemble cast action posters were painted, this maybe part of the problem. As certainly there appears to have been no artist's eyes nor hands involved in the production of that visual disaster.

While not technically a phase 2 movie, it's a Marvel property, and will hopefully lead to a Marvel films theatrical animated division.

That's an interesting angle I never thought of... Marvel Animated Movies.

Guest Gary C

Edgar Wright is no longer directing Ant-Man...

Which is just shocking, to be honest. He and Joe Cornish have been trying to get it done since before Iron Man. Shocking.

I think superhero films have just tipped over the edge. Jumped the shark with Avengers, over-saturation, loss of heart. We're done.

I have a feeling Marvel isn't as stoked about Guardians of the Galaxy as they claim to be, given that it's the first major divergence in tone since the start of the Marvel cinematic universe. It almost seemed too good to be true to give someone like Edgar Wright the keys to Ant-man. With Guardians you have a much less experienced and ultimately less powerful director that the studio can manipulate. So while on the surface Guardians seems like a 'wild card' I bet that it won't even be as 'weird' as Slither or Super not by a long shot.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

• 2 months later...

One thing Ive noticed lately is that all the Marvel posters look terrible, be it composition, poor photoshop, incorrect perspective etc. Its quite odd considering the heavy usage of effects in the films themselves.

I thought this poster was good... But in general, poster art, dvd/br box art, and film internal concept/art direction, are handled by separate studios. Film posters are especially bad, when they use actor heads on generic bodies; using photos that weren't even taken for the poster.

Edited by peace 7

OMG Guardians was fucking FANTASTIC! Never laughed like that in a movie theatre before... Really, really enjoyed this one.

Also that post-credit was :wtf:

OMG Guardians was fucking FANTASTIC! Never laughed like that in a movie theatre before... Really, really enjoyed this one.

Also that post-credit was :wtf:

Saw this yesterday: I thought it was quite good. Better than I expected, but at times I thought the humor was a bit forced, like the timing wasn't quite right or the actors didn't hit the right notes in delivery. But there were some chuckle-worthy moments, to be sure. And I definitely enjoyed it more than the "Fantastic Four" films, or even the "Spider-man" films. But not more than the "X-Men" films.

i loved Guardians. Gives me a lot of hope for a future galactic DC comics movie and also a future Swamp Thing movie. Groot was awesome.

edit: but someone needs to seriously replace zack snyder or whoever wrote Man of Steel, horrible screenplay combined with an extremely spotty director. Superman V Batman : dawn of justice is going ot be fucking weird.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

the actors voice is not comedic. It's hapless jock trying to be funny voice rather than a natural that doesn't have to think about anything but just channels fun voice.