IGNORED

What's so great about Seinfeld?

MadameChaos

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only funny thing about this show is the online gifs of that idiot guy falling about.

I liked it when I was a teenager but now I sorta feel like it's just a glorified Friends.

I think the show is genius.

Great writers, including Larry David, creating hilariously awkward situations, inside jokes and well rounded characters with their own unique personalities. What's not to like?

I agree the show was very well-written and has a sort of formal elegance to it. However, the ruthless apathy and Bret Easton Ellis-esque shallowness of the characters just immediately puts me off.

Great writers, including Larry David, creating hilariously awkward situations, inside jokes and well rounded characters with their own unique personalities. What's not to like?

I agree the show was very well-written and has a sort of formal elegance to it. However, the ruthless apathy and Bret Easton Ellis-esque shallowness of the characters just immediately puts me off.

Are you kidding me? you didnt watch the finale mofo

The only funny thing about this show is the online gifs of that idiot guy falling about.

The show's humour is largely situational irony. It's a great snapshot of real life. Haven't you ever found yourself in one of those types of situations?

The show is about nothing. It's not supposed to be blatant, in your face: here's the joke, here's the punch-line....

[spolier] You mean the finale where they get locked up for not lifting a hand to help a fellow human being?

Or are you talking about the fact that karma bit them in the ass?

[spolier] You mean the finale where they get locked up for not lifting a hand to help a fellow human being?

I'm glad you understand that, so why were you put off by their apathy and shallowness, knowing that the show was building up to that finale? if you thought that the characters were going to get away with murder you are an idiot.

oh wait i know why you posted that, because you want to paint yourself as a love-all full of empathy mofo.

You comment was totally unnecessary but your post wasnt about seinfeld, it was about you and how you want to make sure people know what a wonderful human being you are.

:trashbear:

I'm glad you understand that, so why were you put off by their apathy and shallowness, knowing that the show was building up to that finale? if you thought that the characters were going to get away with murder you are an idiot.

oh wait i know why you posted that, because you want to paint yourself as a love-all full of empathy mofo.

You comment was totally unnecessary but your post wasnt about seinfeld, it was about you and how you want to make sure people know what a wonderful human being you are.

:trashbear:

Wow I think I hit a nerve here. Did Seinfeld rescue your mother from a burning building or something?

Seinfeld is hands down the BEST sitcom i've ever seen. Above and beyond your average sit com's writing style. I kind of see the show as a black sheep amongst the others because i don't particularly like most sitcoms

a long time ago someone posted a link to his friends' seinfeld parodies...they started out typically making fun of Jerry Seinfeld's schtick, and then gradually moved into completely surrealist insanity.....also George looked nothing like George.

it was fucking hilarious and a masterpiece....does anyone else remember this?

there was one episode where George just flips the fuck out and starts talking about blowing up schools and shooting cops

Seinfeld is hands down the BEST sitcom i've ever seen. Above and beyond your average sit com's writing style. I kind of see the show as a black sheep amongst the others because i don't particularly like most sitcoms

IMO It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia whips Seinfeld's britches.

Guest Lucy Faringold

Series 4 to 7 of Seinfeld is just the greatest shit ever.

It's a tricky show to get the feel of initially... but once you're in the zone, dayum - few tv shows have brought me such joy.

Apart from the great writing, I really enjoy the fact that folks that play Kramer, George and Elaine are all such brilliant comic actors, yet Seinfeld himself is relatively limited and is visibly corpsing in about 70% of the scenes he's in. It really shouldn't work - but it does, and creates a very unusual frisson.

So many classic secondary characters too.

I'm getting warm and fuzzy just thinking about this show.

Guest Frankie5fingers

Series 4 to 7 of Seinfeld is just the greatest shit ever.

It's a tricky show to get the feel of initially... but once you're in the zone, dayum - few tv shows have brought me such joy.

Apart from the great writing, I really enjoy the fact that folks that play Kramer, George and Elaine are all such brilliant comic actors, yet Seinfeld himself is relatively limited and is visibly corpsing in about 70% of the scenes he's in. It really shouldn't work - but it does, and creates a very unusual frisson.

So many classic secondary characters too.

I'm getting warm and fuzzy just thinking about this show.

yeah, thats why they all did SO WELL with there own shows. flol

no, all the actors sucked ass. what made the show a gold mine was the writers. specifically Larry David.

Seinfeld is my all time favorite show so I will weigh in here

You gotta put it into context of the early 90s. Tv was filled with such sitcom shit and then Seinfeld comes along and puts a fun perspective on real life and the situations that happen to everyone. The writing is genius, the storylines always resolve well, and the quotability is crazy high!

Archived