IGNORED

Reason 8

Rubin Farr

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like the old old versions because the sequencer was a lot more simple... i could work 2x faster back then

agree

also, i'd pay money for a vst version of reason's rv7000 reverb. so lush!

the valhalla reverb is really great but still much cleaner sounding than the rv7000, which is 'grainier' (and even more lush) but that's exactly what i need sometimes.

maybe the sony oxford's reverb?

You could try any of the other Valhalla ones - they're all great and all have slightly different character (bought all 4 of them recently!). Maybe Valhalla Shimmer, that's slightly grainier - there's an audio sample here: http://valhalladsp.wordpress.com/2010/08/30/introducing-valhallashimmer/

The demos are all fully functional (reverb briefly cuts out every 45 seconds) so feel free to give em a test - http://www.valhalladsp.com/

I used to swear by the RV700, but I sincerely think VintageVerb and Shimmer are far better. You can also get some really nice, dense, modulated and noisy verbs from UberMod. Room tends to be cleaner, more realistic : that's why I almost never use it (I like my reverbs "artificial")

I've used VVV, Shimmer and UM in my last track if you're curious (1st link in my sig).

Another plugin to consider, even thought not a proper delay, is Permut8. Amazing piece of code !

guys, ur right! the Valhalla plugs are fantastic! the new lush ;)

lin, your track sounds really great (and lush of course :wink: ) i'm convinced!

best of luck with the upcoming album

Thank you so much, super glad you like it !!! :D

If you go for any of the Valhalla plugins, send an email to its dev Sean : he'll send you the latest betas, with new algos. For example, the new ones in VVV are amazing. So is the dark mode in Shimmer.

I'm going to have to agree with the people saying that Reason is the best VST ever. Rewiring it works great. Not sure if I care about the UI upgrades, but I use it at my uni, so it's free for me anyway.

Another plugin to consider, even thought not a proper delay, is Permut8. Amazing piece of code !

my god! this thing must be the coolest plug-in ever! my head literally exploded! i saw it before and somehow forgot to try it out... *stupid*

;)

And it´s a insanely cool mayhem generator as well !

everything really! usually i like to abuse synths or plugs but to abuse this one means to use it properly. still i have so much ideas falling on my head on how to abuse it, properly. :gamer:

but the sound of it...incredibile!

they're slowly trying to get rid of all the skeuomorphisms.. in a few years it will look just like Ableton :)

Lol, no...

That's why I hate like 'signature' stykey, if it starts to suck you can't do anything about it

they're slowly trying to get rid of all the skeuomorphisms.. in a few years it will look just like Ableton :)

Lol, no...

That's why I hate like 'signature' stykey, if it starts to suck you can't do anything about it

Stykey=style, fucking Tapatalk

Lol, no...

Stykey=style, fucking Tapatalk

lol yeah, I was not prepared for that kind of advanced slang.

personally I don't really care that much for the look of things, the browser elements look kind of handy.. could win me over eventually, but I think I'll wait for version 9 instead. this is bullshit to pay €129 for.

personally I don't really care that much for the look of things, the browser elements look kind of handy.. could win me over eventually, but I think I'll wait for version 9 instead. this is bullshit to pay €129 for.

I actually quite like the new visual style, but I'm struggling to see how it is worth €129. Unless they throw in a decent new RE. I totally love Synchronous.

Waited a while to upgrade to 7 from 6 this spring. I had to get a newer computer. Was very excited about midi out. If I had waited a few months I could have made this upgrade from 6 to 8. Now pay again? Fuckers.

That's hardly their fault. They've got to update their software at some point, no?

Archived