IGNORED

r.i.p. dieter moebius

Hi Guys

sad news

when i first stumbled on the more cosmic side of German sounds as a yoof, his influence alongside Hans-Joachim Roedelius & Holger Czukay's, were the ultimate education....

what a legacy of incredible music though, where do you even begin with his catalog? makes so much today sound like the utter wank it is

Yeah, a big loss for the electronic music world. What a guy though, still going in his 70s.

Saw him and Rother play a set a few years ago, it was awesome.

RIP moebz. This is sad news. Has anyone followed his solo career extensively? I've heard the collaboration with Tietchens a few years ago which was amazing, but never really delved beyond Cluster.

^thanks for the rec

what a legacy of incredible music though, where do you even begin with his catalog?

thought this myself, heard Cluster and his work with Eno, but that was about it

oh maaaaan, for worship at the high alter of the cosmic Teutonic zeitgeist (w/total u-tub monopoly) the warped aural madness of some favourites include:

bit more cheerful (and pls excuse low volume):

save the best for last, cos 21.32's insanity journey takes some beating & is well worth dropping a few shekels on:

Well late to the party (wake?) here because I only found out today that he'd died, RIP. Was going to post 'Fotschi Tong' but cwmbran beat me to it. That track always reminds me of walking through the snow for some reason.

On a related-ish note, this is a great read for anyone into the German electronica scene of that era:

Archived