IGNORED

Two Aphex Twin demo tapes

jejunum

What do we know about these "new" titles? Could any of the sc material be hidden here under different names?

http://www.microscopics.co.uk/blog/2014/two-aphex-twin-demo-tapes/

TAPE ONE
Phloam
2 Cys
3 Mesophyll
4 Sium Quarm

TAPE TWO
Section A
Xtal
2 We are the Music Makers
3 Muntos
Section B
Plexor
2 After Rotation
3 4ph-217

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

And they didn't sign him?

lol, idiots

Imagine getting sent Xtal before anyone else had heard it and not being that bothered about it

seconded. idiots!

but perhaps it's a really shitty, early version of "xtal"? i would love to hear a really shitty, early version of "xtal" if it exists!

And they didn't sign him?

lol, idiots

Imagine getting sent Xtal before anyone else had heard it and not being that bothered about it

there's tons of stories like that. when you're on a very low level indie label market (like i am with my label) you tend to sign people you know and like. that's what happens when you're in it for the fun of it and not to make money.

actually that record label sounds kinda cool but yeah failed opportunity on their part

it's a real niche label but a fairly known one, at least in the cult following sense...i've seen that woob release heralded a lot

also recall coming across the gas 0095 album when looking into better known gas (Wolfgang Voigt)

anyway they def were not as big as R&S, who ended putting out RDJ's stuff before Warp signed him

• 3 weeks later...

Archived