IGNORED

New album: Owl Mask - Bifurcation (free/pay-what-you-want)

Guest Owl Mask

Guest Owl Mask

Hi folks,

First post here, predominantly because I've been a hermit in my little synth cave for the last few months making my debut album as Owl Mask.

Would really appreciate if you would give it a listen. Its been made with a modest (ish, its growing fast) Eurorack system, a few mono synths and some Ableton silliness.

https://owlmask.bandcamp.com/releases

(i'm suddenly very addicted to this hardware led experimental thing, so work has already begun on Owl Mask Vol 2.. stay tuned)

Thanks guys

Welcome to the forums!

I hope you take some time (if you haven't already) to poke around EKT, listen to and make some comments on some members albums etc. There is a vast amount of talent here, lots of members make awesome tunes.

Can't hear your album here at work but I'll def check it out later.

Guest Owl Mask

Thanks for the welcome! I'm totally not here to spam and run. I'm much more a lurker than a poster usually, but I will be skulking around, soaking it all in :)

I'm actually quite new to the more experimental "generative" side of electronic music to be fair. I only got bitten by the hardware bug about a year ago, so its all a bit new. I'm looking forward to digging up other peoples music on here too.

Purchased, listening now!

edit: halfway through now, just finished Basin of Attraction. Have to head to work now. But yeah solid chops man, nice album so far. Fav so far is "The Unliddening".

Guest Owl Mask

Wow guys! Bowled away by your nice comments! Happy that anyone had anywhere near as much fun listening to it as I did making it.

Already feeling buoyed enough by this new way of writing music that i've already made a start on a second album.

Given this a few full listens now, very nice.

I like the whole album but feel the second half is stronger, just personal preference though. Really like the tempo of Organic Iterative Machine, quality breaks too. Nauseated almost has a Tim Exile (when he was primarily dnb) vibe.

The whole album is quite well executed though, great job on mixing/mastering. Almost hard to believe this is your first album!

:beer:

• 4 weeks later...

z=z2+c is my favorite bc it kinda recalls stasis/redcell/carl craig era techno.. everything sounds so smooth and polished (though sometimes TOO polished for my taste!), nice work.

• 4 months later...

I only just got around to sending you a few quid for this, sorry I couldnt pay more but times are hard :datboi:All that hardware can't be cheap!

Really nice tunes though and I'll try and give a bit of a better review soon after a few more listens.

Looking forward to volume 2 :emotawesomepm9:

Archived