IGNORED

Nord Drum 3 and 3P

kcinsu

No idea... The nd2 plus external pad totaled around 1000 (599 + 399), so probably roughly the same for the 3p and 600 for the module.

Yeah... The real compelling feature for me, is saving/loading individual sounds, instead of solely saving entire kits. I have to admit though, I've really wanted that. Pretty torn ...

they removed some features from the ND2 though.

post from another forum

In the Tone section:

Dyn Timbre / Timbre is now Dyn Filter / Freq

No more Punch / Hi Decay Punch was a pitch envelope of sorts.

(*timbre and punch were my favorite parameter CCs to automate, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO5X-FG7AUg )

In the Noise section:

No more Attack/Rate LFO or Envelope mode.

So it looks like the ND2 is like the Nord Lead 3.

Older, but a more complete synth.

You can always add your own FX, but you can't add in the synth level parameters that they removed.

ND2 is the one to own.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Keep it under your hat but the 3p is wicked... Only just going through the preset sounds and they're better than the ND2 (I think that the reverb added to the drum sounds make them better.) I struggled to find/make the snares I wanted with the ND2, the 3p has loads :) Will take a while to get used to it to see whether it's as good as initial feeling but hopeful  :music:

Archived