IGNORED

ICBYD album cover

Guest Calx Sherbet

Guest Calx Sherbet

this might be an easy answer for some, but whenever there I see a picture of that album cover, there is a bar code in the top right corner. Why is that always there?

Guest HokusPoker

That's what they use in shops where you can buy (sic!) music.

Something like downloading, but with money exchange, see.

Guest hexagonsun

on the vinyl release the barcode art is centered on one of the label stickers

Guest hahathhat

the barcode is to remind you that THIS IS PRODUCT like YOU ARE PRODUCT and AMERICA IS PRODUCT and HUMANITY IS PRODUCT ok?

Many released have a barcode in the artwork.

Like the back of Come To Daddy:

wap94cdx-back.jpg

Though when I bought it from HMV, a different barcode sticker was placed over it. And the "£8" sticker didn't fucking peel off properly.

Factoid: Richard himself painted the cover of ICBYD.

hey joyrex you might have/remember this

years ago i remember visiting a website that sold some surfboards designed by musicians/actors/celebs/whatever for charity

one of these surfboards was designed by Aphex Twin ... a drawing that showed some of that rdj drawing skills wich he hides very well from us

it showed this trademark scary smiling figure ... with teeth sticking out of the mouth ... and something with a japan flag/rising sun symbol was also there

i cant remember the name of that site/organisation/project but it had a whole bunch of surfboards done by famous people

cant even remember wich celebs, only aphex twin and moby

i just wanna see that surfboard drawing again

and i'd reckon that theres a chance you might have this, or seen it, or know/remember more about it

Guest tronicphace

dude, Calx Sherbet where did you find your avatar pic? Or did you make it yourself?

Factoid: Richard himself painted the cover of ICBYD.

:orly:

You didn't know that? It was his personal self-portrait. The whole tracklist was written by hand as well. They even let him do a little drawing of the the WARP logo :grin: (but this was removed from the SIRE version).

Also, the mouth from this painting was tiled on the cover of Donkey Rhubarb.

boards.jpg

thanks

but i remember the pics being bigger

could be me tho

Only the middle one (with the Aphex Logo) is Richard's - the rest are by other artists.

does anyone remember the Come To Daddy snowboards?

afx_snowboard_b.jpgafx_snowboard_f.jpg

Those are fake has hell... They didn't even set the font correctly on the first one! FAIL.

does anyone remember the Come To Daddy snowboards?

afx_snowboard_b.jpgafx_snowboard_f.jpg

Those are fake has hell... They didn't even set the font correctly on the first one! FAIL.

it's the same board and the front looks funny in the first pic cause its curved and taken at an angle, ya goof.

Archived