IGNORED

Steve Roach - Tomorrow

Mindphaser

Big fan of Mr Roach! Only properly got into him around a year ago but been really digging though his vast body of work since then, find his music perfect for working to.

This one is sounding up there with his best, the soul ascends from a few months back was amazing as well

If you haven't seen them check out his recent livestreams on youtube as well..awesome stuff!

I like this cover art!

Still need the music to sink in. The sequencer stuff is not my favourite side of his work, but I can see its appeal. I love his tribal work and the pure atmospheric zones.

On 10/26/2020 at 1:26 PM, Avarik said:

Steve Roach is legendary

That he is. I blind bought some digitals of this, which I wouldn't normally do. I'm not the biggest fan of obviously sequenced as opposed to more immersive atmospheric side, like Lianne says above. But I do enjoy his music, so I don't really regret it. I just should maybe have not been so quick to buy this as I was.

But this is a nice little "aural voyage" for the ears. I get that kinda narrative feeling more easily sometimes from stuff with this much emphasis on rhythm and sequencer use

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta bump this. A really pleasant trip, this record.

Looking at his 132(!) record list on rateyourmusic. I've listened to Structures From Silence before. Other albums in bold (regarded his best) are Mystic Chords and Dreamtime Return. Other recommendations? 

Is hard to recommend when he has done so much and depends which flavour of his you like the best

That being said this has a special place in my heart but might just be cause this was when I first fully got in to him

https://steveroach.bandcamp.com/album/trance-archeology

Edited by kirm
  • Thanks 1

The Magnificent Void is another of my favourite Steve Roach albums, I also like the ones he did with Robert Rich, Strata and Soma

• Like 1