IGNORED

Ultimate Vaporwave - 80's Japanese Air Conditioning Unit Came With A Vinyl Soundtrack

Joyrex

From the Amazon description:

Limited transparent blue vinyl LP pressing. Recorded in 1987 as promotion for a luxury air conditioning line, Takashi Kokubo's Balearic gem "A Dream Sails Out To Sea" gets first ever official release from Lag Records, complete with previously unheard music. Originally only available as a sought-after promo by the name of Get At The Wave, Takashi Kokubo's mini-masterpiece of halcyon mastery finally re-emerges for the first time since 1987 with a remastered vinyl edition courtesy of UK label Lag Records. "A Dream Sails Out To Sea (Get At The Wave)" comes not only with a new title, but also a brand new b-side as taken from Get At The Wave's original recording sessions. Never-before released, the epic "Ocean Breeze" makes the perfect companion for the sonic world Kokubo created with his original release, imbued as it is with the same serene sense of understated beauty. The original story of "A Dream Sails Out To Sea" is as interesting as Kokubo's own backstory as a musician and sound artist. Originally composed to 'soundtrack' a high-end air conditioning line from Japanese electronic giant Sanyo, the album was meant to transport the consumer into a paradise far away from the heat and hurry of urban life. One listen to something as splendorous as "Underwater Dreaming", and it's mission accomplished. Takashi Kokubo meanwhile is a musician whose work, without many knowing it, has perhaps touched the most lives in Japan.

And just look at the artwork:

image.png

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

Damn, this is pretty spot on. Music and art aside a bonus record as a Japanese marketing promotion in 1987 is prime vaporwave context.

And the Engrish makes it all the better!

• Confused 1

Also it looks like this is almost as expensive as an original pressing ($60-$100 USD for the repress on Discogs vs. about $70-$120 for an original - way to much for me in both cases but if I was going to spend that much I know which one I'd be getting)

49 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

Also it looks like this is almost as expensive as an original pressing ($60-$100 USD for the repress on Discogs vs. about $70-$120 for an original - way to much for me in both cases but if I was going to spend that much I know which one I'd be getting)

The one that supports the artist?