IGNORED

Pantha du Prince - Garden Gaia

xyrofen

New release from Pantha du Prince with three videos on his official channel. Been a pretty big fan of his output for awhile and this all sounds very pretty and "on brand" thus far. For anyone looking into or considering getting into Pantha du Prince, I'd really recommend starting with "This Bliss", but you can start anywhere since none of his output is terribly challenging or difficult, mostly pretty. His first album "Diamond Daze" is definitely the roughest sound overall though.

CD: https://modernrecordings.shop.musictoday.com/product/Y9CDMR04/pantha-du-prince-garden-gaia-cd?cp=null

Vinyl: https://modernrecordings.shop.musictoday.com/product/Y9LPMR04/pantha-du-prince-garden-gaia-vinyl?cp=null

Edited by xyrofen
  • Like 2

It's pretty nice on first listen. I saw him live a few years ago, I remember a lot of bells on stage. Before that, Black Noise got heavy spins from me when it came out. Nice shimmery vibes.

It seems like in recent years he has transformed from looking like a cool european techno guy to spiritual guru who lives in a tree? Must have smoked something good. 

32 minutes ago, gnarlybog said:

It's pretty nice on first listen. I saw him live a few years ago, I remember a lot of bells on stage. Before that, Black Noise got heavy spins from me when it came out. Nice shimmery vibes.

It seems like in recent years he has transformed from looking like a cool european techno guy to spiritual guru who lives in a tree? Must have smoked something good. 

"Black Noise" is one of my most listened to albums of all time. I got through university with that on the bus, albeit "Welt Am Draht" did put me to sleep quite a few times when I was struggling to wake up.

He's a lot of fun live. I went to his DJ tour some time around The Triad and he spent the show dad-dancing on stage to his own tunes. We were the last show of his before he went back home/wrapped the tour and he played about an extra half hour until the sound people at the venue were nicely begging him to be done lol.

Yeah, he seems to have moved away from being techno, or at least into some spiritual space. I do enjoy his plinky-plonky stuff though, "Conference of Trees" and "Elements of Light" are both really pretty listens.

Playlist of the album since it just released:

Edited by xyrofen
  • Like 1

Played Black Noise on vinyl a lot, very excellent album then forgot he existed. Just checking the date and that was 12 years ago. Time flies. Scarily fast it would seem….

Edited by beerwolf

It's ok, but I don't appreciate the change of style he did with conference of trees. This is more of the same i dunno... new age tribal IDM? This Bliss and Black Noise are just so much better. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 11:12 PM, scumtron said:

It's ok, but I don't appreciate the change of style he did with conference of trees. This is more of the same i dunno... new age tribal IDM? This Bliss and Black Noise are just so much better. 

I mostly agree. I'm glad he's doing what he wants to, but This Bliss through The Triad (which I think is pretty overlooked) are what really resonate with me. I've put one sample track that I adore from each album below.

Edited by xyrofen
  • Like 1

Yeah. The triad is good as well. At first I skipped a lot of the tracks since i prefer my PDP without vocals, but just a few months ago I decided to listen to the whole album, and really "discovered" Chasing Vapour Trails. Excellent track.

• Like 1