IGNORED

What’s the best festival you have been to recently?

o00o

High zero which was just last weekend and which I also worked at.  The performances were absolutely unbelievable and I consider myself extremely privileged to have been present for them.  I also got to have a lot of interesting conversations with both performers and friends of performers.

Noisily, 4 days in a forest in Leicestershire. Loads of Psy Trance, drum and bass, techno and stuff. It was one of those stupidly hot weekends we had this summer but dancing in the trees was amazing because it was a few degrees cooler. 

Also the music was 11am - 4am with no sound restrictions and they had proper good sound systems in place, none of this turning it down at midnight nonsense. Great times were had. Felt exhausted and rejuvinated all at once. IMG20220710222150.thumb.jpg.cf98b2bea814228b3befd4f0c93b5e08.jpg

I also worked Supernormal festival this summer which was a completely different beast. Much smaller and with much weirder sounds. Loved it. Surgeon, Sam Kerridge, Hesska, loads of other small names that were amazing. Real DIY feel and spirit. 

• Like 2

probably Sajeta 2013 festival in Tolmin, with Cristian Vogel playing the most proper 2-hr chunky rumble dj set with a half-hour encore. many other interesting artists, Alex Paterson, etc. one notable perhaps was a flute player who is otherwise known (to me, at least), as a pop(-ish) music artist, but completely surprised with a beautiful drone-ish, etno-pagan (sorry, i don't know how to describe it otherwise) concert with vocals, and flute, and field recordings. all the music and acts fitted so nicely into the ambience of a camp site, situated at the confluence of two rivers in a mountain valley, with wooden-made stages, camp fires, etc, and the people also made awesome atmosphere. a perfect summer adventure: camping there, the festival, and many activities we've been doing while staying for a week.

• 1 month later...

Would love to go to more, if any festivals. Unfortunately my circle of friends aren't really interested in such things. More into football. And the ones who could be interested seem impossible to get motivated. So such things pass me by. Such is life.