Cyteen

May just be me, but id love to hear exm take a stab at something like dnb or flashcore (eg richard devine, xanopticon), especially if the track ended up being one of his long, morphing songs.  Could turn out pretty epic

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cyteen said:

May just be me, but id love to hear exm take a stab at something like dnb or flashcore (eg richard devine, xanopticon), especially if the track ended up being one of his long, morphing songs.  Could turn out pretty epic

yeah..no. More in to Bach these days

Edited by exm
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

<- DSCH PLS.

But yeah, a lot could be used. Those composers were experts in how to do things right.

I'd probably use Shostakovich 8, that dark war symphonies pasacaglia (mvmt 4, Largo,dark souls will love it) and make something out of it.

Or tunes like this, you cannot get it out of your head:

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

It's interesting when something classical gets mixed in with idm... though its hard to have it "sound" good though without it ending up cheesy, at least thats been my experience with the combo. 

Speaking of classic:

this version shaves off five or so minutes of the original, so part of the epic build up is lost, but still... ug, so gorgeous. Best idm song of all time! I wish Touched Electronix 001, where this version is taken from, was available on bandcamp as a digital download.... Id like to listen to the rest of the series too... tracklists for them look awesome

This track gives me the same vibes and emotion that I get from "Your Hand In Mine" from Explosions In The Sky.... amazing post rock song, if youre into that genre...

Edited by Cyteen

Re: classical, mix it in, cheesiness: Yes, right, stay true to your genre, but use elements, melodies, structures of what the old masters did.

I was wondering if the melody of Mabel i is from some other work. 

some melodies and chord progressions are inspired by classical music, ofcourse. But i am not planning to mix Bach with IDM, or something like that.

It is great music to get inspired by though.

@WurstPLUS No. Mabel i isn't from a particular piece

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly that track may be one of my favorites from him of recent. That sound design is next level too... its the perfect combo of abstract and melodic for me.

• Like 2

Interesting, it feels very monotonous for me, time will tell how much I like it. Currently Patterns B reaches new heights of my appreciation. 

On 6/30/2024 at 5:33 PM, Cyteen said:

Honestly that track may be one of my favorites from him of recent. That sound design is next level too... its the perfect combo of abstract and melodic for me.

yeah really liking graf.flow a lot. 

• 1 month later...