IGNORED

Lagowski - Europa Plus (GPR; digital self-release)

dcom

All tracks from Lagowski's two GPR releases In The Steel Room and Europa EP, previously available only on vinyl and CD. Highly recommended. The third Lagowski on GPR, Europa Reprised EP w/ Beaumont Hannant/YO3 versions is also worth your while, officially available only on vinyl and CD. This self-release makes me wonder, is GPR starting to loosen their legal grip on the label's artists and catalogue? I wish they were, there are so many essential releases in the label's discography.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, dcom said:

This self-release makes me wonder, is GPR starting to loosen their legal grip on the label's artists and catalogue? I wish they were, there are so many essential releases in the label's discography.

That is indeed remarkable. Essential music held hostage for far too long... Let's hope for the best.

Btw, you're on fire with your posts dcom!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went and asked Lagowski about it, and he replied with some official documents, here's the relevant part:

image.png.7960179f454548eb7433f6d1df888429.png

This means that the rights for the GPR catalogue have gone back to their respective artists, and the only reason Andrew didn't include the Hannant/YO3 remixes in the Europa Plus release is that Hannant and/or representatives are nowhere to be found.

Nevertheless this is extremely good news, and it means that we could be seeing more re-releases from the GPR back catalogue. That would be brilliant indeed.

I have well-nigh everything that was ever released on GPR on both CD and vinyl, but I wouldn't mind getting Beaumont Hannant's full catalogue remastered.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dcom said:

I went and asked Lagowski about it, and he replied with some official documents, here's the relevant part:

image.png.7960179f454548eb7433f6d1df888429.png

This means that the rights for the GPR catalogue have gone back to their respective artists, and the only reason Andrew didn't include the Hannant/YO3 remixes in the Europa Plus release is that Hannant and/or representatives are nowhere to be found.

Nevertheless this is extremely good news, and it means that we could be seeing more re-releases from the GPR back catalogue. That would be brilliant indeed.

Thanks for the detective work. Now let's find Beaumont :happy:

• Like 1