IGNORED

Noise Rock

neglectedlove

Ooh, yes. Maybe my favorite music in the whole wide world (certainly to do the dishes to)!

Cows are fantastic:

Much, much newer (and would later yield The Intelligence, which is basically their drummer): A-Frames:

I could basically fill up this whole thread, but I won't.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, hello spiral said:

sure

^the album is called Slow Globes. One of my ATF albums.

^some early guitar based merzbow, this album slays

I'm going to listen to Slow Globes, that song just fucking kills. I love Ocrilim and all the different projects that Mick Barr has, Orthrelm is definitely one of my favorite albums of all time. That Merzbow album doesn't sound bad either.

17 hours ago, Limo said:

Ooh, yes. Maybe my favorite music in the whole wide world (certainly to do the dishes to)!

Cows are fantastic:

Much, much newer (and would later yield The Intelligence, which is basically their drummer): A-Frames:

I could basically fill up this whole thread, but I won't.

Cows kicks ass. I didn't knew about A Frames, very catchy and enjoyable really, kind of has a Butthole Surfers vibe to it.

Fushitsusha has a more psychedelic sound to it, but still very noisy and textural.

• Like 3

Quite a bit of straight up noise or metal in this thread. For me “noise rock” (or, as the French call it, and I kid you not, “le rock noisy”) has to be rock first and foremost, just with more noise than usual.

Like in this (French) example:

Or take their current day descendants from Liège, a place so grim you wonder why there’s not more of le rock noisy coming from there:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Limo said:

Quite a bit of straight up noise or metal in this thread. For me “noise rock” (or, as the French call it, and I kid you not, “le rock noisy”) has to be rock first and foremost, just with more noise than usual.

Like in this (French) example:

Or take their current day descendants from Liège, a place so grim you wonder why there’s not more of le rock noisy coming from there:

Good ones, France is amazing at making Noise Rock.

• Like 1

edit: i'm gonna spoiler a few demo tracks from my shitty 2 piece act ca. 2008 or 09 cuz i think we would have fallen somehow into this genre

Spoiler

(i'm on guitar and mic)

RIP bran, you were a good midday sunday whiskey ritual for a month or two :catsalute:

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, luke viia said:

edit: i'm gonna spoiler a few demo tracks from my shitty 2 piece act ca. 2008 or 09 cuz i think we would have fallen somehow into this genre

Reveal hidden contents

bran - dressing goats - aug 2 3009.mp3 7.3 MB · 51 downloads

(i'm on guitar and mic)

RIP bran, you were a good midday sunday whiskey ritual for a month or two :catsalute:

that's a great and very underrated one