IGNORED

Looking for the funkiest grooves in existence, particularly in the drumming domain

logakght

James Brown's main drummer, Clyde Stubblefield, is probably the most universal funky drummer. I like his breaks on Soul Pride (Pt. 2) a lot, which doesn't seem sampled as often as his other stuff. Top-tier ghost-note game:

A lot of funk and jazz drummers in New Orleans have a style called 'second-line', with an eighth-note swing that is between straight eighths and totally swung. It's some nice funk. The drummer from The Meters plays it well:

Not sure who the drummer is for this Sly and the Family Stone song, but this beat is funky and nice. The whole song is really nice too, great arrangement and dope bass lines:

Your choice of Parliament Funkadelic is excellent. There is an album called Urban Dancefloor Guerillas by P Funk All Stars that I've always loved. The drumming is kinda simple but so funky:

The drummer for the indie-rock band Deerhoof is nasty. More hard and driving than funky I'd say, but his beats on their cover of the Knight Rider theme song came to mind:

My favorite music is Hip Hop, and there's so many options there for getting that funk. If you haven't delved into Hip Hop much, Madlib might be a good place to start. He sometimes will sample records that are left-field, rare, or from different continents without chopping it up much, so the original time feel is there. Some quality funky stuff:

Spoiler

Already covered New Orleans funk above, but had to include this one, my fav funk:

• Like 2