IGNORED

My industrial-ish cover of Nirvana - Breed

Zephyr_Nova

3 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Ace! Really love the video. Kept me on the edge throughout. In a good way. 🙂 

And to me it sounds like Kurt is singing. It’s not a cover but a remix? 

Thanks!

That's me singing.  I don't think I sound anything like Kurt - his voice is unmatchable.  But I'm flattered you think it's that similar.

• Like 2

This rocks! Good job on the vocals! You really nailed that disgusted tone without it sounding like a cover band or hero worship.

Unconventional mixing choices. It feels like a real punch in the face.
The industrial fan in me wants to hear that snare a bit more prominent, although I imagine you achieved exactly what you wanted.
: - )

• Like 2

Damn dude well done! And yeah, like everyone else has mentioned you definitely sound very Kurt-like. I’m sure if you had the stomach ulcers like him you’d probably have boosted your Kurtness from 90 to 97% 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, gnarlybog said:

This rocks! Good job on the vocals! You really nailed that disgusted tone without it sounding like a cover band or hero worship.

Unconventional mixing choices. It feels like a real punch in the face.
The industrial fan in me wants to hear that snare a bit more prominent, although I imagine you achieved exactly what you wanted.
: - )

Thanks!

My most listened to artist in 2023 was Skinny Puppy, so I wouldn't say no to jacking up the snare another few notches.  But I probably won't go back to it.

10 hours ago, Hail Sagan said:

Damn dude well done! And yeah, like everyone else has mentioned you definitely sound very Kurt-like. I’m sure if you had the stomach ulcers like him you’d probably have boosted your Kurtness from 90 to 97% 

Thanks!

Haha yeah, a decade of smoking would have made the tone a bit more convincing.  I'll get on that for my next Nirvana cover in 2033.  Nevermind was one of the first albums I ever got into, so every vocal nuance is imprinted on my brain.  It's not the vocal style I normally do, and it's difficult maintaining that vocal grit in the key I chose to do the song in.  Would have probably been a bit easier if I had kept it in the original key, as that would be closer to a natural screaming pitch.  

• Like 4