IGNORED

SAW II turns 30

chenGOD

10 hours ago, silentvision said:

"Artichoke print workshop in London are making them, 2600 were sold."

Per reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/s/EobmDHDYBO

RDT_20240930_0759174226770482514122048.jpg

RDT_20240930_07550432049493986845598.jpg

They look great in fairness, still think they were overpriced so I'll have no doubt the same buzz with the not buying the analord binder, I knew that was the case when I said no

• Like 2

Be lovely if Richard put some new/old tunes up on soundcloud or his website to help with sales of this album wouldn't it, lil promo push more than the stickers and the posters and the new sleeve and the copper plates and the bonus tracks and the listening parties in record shops 😂

• Like 1

From the YouTube comments, one user says:

Liner notes from new remaster of SAW II: “Rhubarb notes: My mum gave me so much love, dedicated her life to me, filled me to the brim with confidence and somehow managed to be a nurse at the same time. That love she gave can now be felt by millions of people all over the world and beyond through this music. “Thanks for everything Lorna James! “I watched both my mum and dad die in front of me recently, was so very grateful to have been able to be with them then, as scary as it was to see. She was cracking jokes hours before she left, even though she was in a lot of pain, she told the awkward doctor on the last day, 'I should be shot, put down', she was very funny. I opened the lovely french doors to the room she was in on the last morning, it was sunny and she said, 'ah that beautiful Champagne air', will remember that til I die. “I still meet them in my dreams regularly and have relaxing normal chats about nothing in particular, I'm going to see if all three of us can listen to this track next time we meet up. “Richard D. James, June 2024”

Would be nice to know if it's true, and if so, if there are more nice notes like these...

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

if you are at a record store listening party today (in the next 30 minutes… not telling which store) and you see a dude wearing a Beatles shirt, it’s probably me. Come say “hi” :dadjoke:

edit

Never mind. I just bought a cd, got a poster (good size btw) and split. 
:dadjoke:

Edited by J3FF3R00

7 hours ago, Ginerpri said:

From the YouTube comments, one user says:

Liner notes from new remaster of SAW II: “Rhubarb notes: My mum gave me so much love, dedicated her life to me, filled me to the brim with confidence and somehow managed to be a nurse at the same time. That love she gave can now be felt by millions of people all over the world and beyond through this music. “Thanks for everything Lorna James! “I watched both my mum and dad die in front of me recently, was so very grateful to have been able to be with them then, as scary as it was to see. She was cracking jokes hours before she left, even though she was in a lot of pain, she told the awkward doctor on the last day, 'I should be shot, put down', she was very funny. I opened the lovely french doors to the room she was in on the last morning, it was sunny and she said, 'ah that beautiful Champagne air', will remember that til I die. “I still meet them in my dreams regularly and have relaxing normal chats about nothing in particular, I'm going to see if all three of us can listen to this track next time we meet up. “Richard D. James, June 2024”

Would be nice to know if it's true, and if so, if there are more nice notes like these...

This is true. On the other side of the poster included with the vinyl, not sure if it’s on the CD. There isn’t any additional commentary but I think that piece is really beautiful and stands on its own. 🥲❤️

• Like 1

it might just be the mood im in but i have been listening to this on a loop for about the past 3 hours and find it the most moving, profound piece of music i may have ever heard. could just be the particular mood im in tonight but whatever it is it is an incredible piece of music in my opinion. Reading what its supposedly about, if true , as a musical tribute i think its absolutely beautiful