IGNORED

909 et 808 emu

Guest version2006

Guest version2006

What are you people using these days to get 808 and 909 sounds?

I'm looking for something that is synthesizing, not playing samples.

thanks.

What are you people using these days to get 808 and 909 sounds?

I'm looking for something that is synthesizing, not playing samples.

thanks.

microtonic is pretty good as far as drum synths go... i like it better than waldorf attack.

unless you meant hardware...

then jomox stuff, probably

Guest 277: 930-933

The drumstation is an awesome machine IMHO, sounds good, dinsync out, nice operation.

Getting one as soon as possible.

Would be even more awesome in combination with a midibox sequencer.

Guest Mr. Modular

If anyone's interested in the drumstation, feel free to make me an offer. I'd be willing to trade for something nifty.

You can try drumular. A lot of the modules sound like 808 types of things to me. like the BD and SD and ehighhat modules. http://www.redshiftaudio.com/html/drumular.html

It also 39 dollars and it has some cool modules like the GDSM (covers all drum synthesis grounds) and the additive and monobass and sp(sample player) modules are pretty cool. If you wanted you can also use any of the modules as a nice synth or sampler(range of pitch changes along keyboard). monobass, gdsm, additive, sp are good for this. There is also a nice multilayered drumsampler called oneshot. It all works really well and layering and choking sounds with each other is very easy. has multiple outputs. Bang for buck. modular. Highly reccomended.

Guest 死んでく

This is obvious but Rebirth is a lot of fun

Try DR008 first, then if you're not satisfied with that try Waldorf's Attack

Good luck

Guest version2006

Rebirth sounds thin to me...I've used it for years but I'm hoping new tech has eclipsed this relic. I do like the cymbals on the 808 unit, tho

Waldorf is useful but it has always been unstable for me and I just cannot get a good cymbal sound out of it.

I'm going to give Dr008 a shot and that drumatic and drumular.

Waldorf Attack is rather thin-sounding, and also not very good at x0x emulation. But I still love it for the excellent FM perc glitchiness it can produce, for such low CPU usage. Microtonic and Drumatic are better for emulating the x0x sounds, but still sound way off, and are much less flexible and interesting than Attack.

Samples are still very much your best bet for fat, authentic x0x sounds IMO.

Guest Glutonious Monk

theres no way to replicate the groove and tone you get from an analogue filter being pushed into self oscillation every hit like an 808 bd. i used to make huge sampler programs and never use the same hit twice in 4 bars. i recorded something like 50 hit from my friends 808. listen to the little variations of every hit and program them with the natural micro-accents i was hearing.

same thing with the HH and the diffrenece between each hit is even more evident.

I still say drumular drumular drumular will do it awesome for 808 sounds, drumatic sounds too fudgy and to me not very usable. you could try just an average synth or use samples. The cool thing about drumular is that things like the snaredrum module are obviously 808 cloning. You can change tone, snap, and can map velocity to these things. Its very much similar to an 808 that I would reccomend it instead of samples.

Wow! Ive never seen v-station or absynth but they sure look way less complicated than what I would imagine.

Wow! Ive never seen v-station or absynth but they sure look way less complicated than what I would imagine.

well, thats just the preset page of absynth... theres many more

• 2 months later...
theres no way to replicate the groove and tone you get from an analogue filter being pushed into self oscillation every hit like an 808 bd.

thanks, i thought my 808 had a problem!

was gonna get Synth Repair Services to take a look at it, but at least i know i'm not the only one who's BD would REALLY boom sometimes

spam time, but for any reaktor users out there check out this bass drum synth patch i made -

you have the choice of making bass drums out of saw tooth, sine waves and even by pitch shifting samples.

the internals are very simplistic so i encourage other reaktor users to fuck with it. Its 2 ADSR envelopes, one controls the pitch of the waveform and one controls the amplitude.

bassy bass drum

Archived