IGNORED

what synth does he use

Guest Kaiser

well, thats what i want to know

what kind of synths / thing that make sound RDJ uses on Mt. Saint Michel Mix+Saint Michaels Mount ?

actually, what synth he uses on ALL drukqs album?

i'm not a professional DJ but i know a few synths and they dont make a sound even close than the ones i listen in this perfect music ^^

thanks guys :D

probably no one but aphex knows

but if i had to guess, i'd bet on reaktor or max/msp or pure data programmed synths from scratch, possibly really old analogue synths (but it's not likely considering the speedy nature of the music), maybe samples of the above analogue synths.

but seriously, its easy to 'emulate' the synth sounds, most of the stuff are raw saw/pulse waves, with noise generators, at times theres a bit of portamento on them. almost all the synth sounds have full decay and release

i'm pretty sure the intro melody is a tb-303 or an emulation of a 303. ask chris moss acid on this forum if you don't know what a 303 is

the melody at 2:26 are triangle wave oscillators with some reverb, slight distortion

some filtered down saw wave at 04:00-ish that emulates a trumpet

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

does he now... well, that'd be metasynth or coagula, then. possibly processed through his friend larry

hmm ok

thanks guys and specialy to drumatix, altough no1's sure of how he does these sounds, i'll try doing it like u guys said

oh, and i know whats a 303, actually acid's one of my favorite styles :D

if it was written where he claims it was written, likely it was done mostly on a laptop (though perhaps later embelleshed at home) using samples and plugins he had loaded.

as i said, i hear some SID drum samples (maybe quadrasid synth processed to hell or something, too, who knows). also hear a bunch of TR-*0* drum synths/samples.

also a little kid going "aaah, oh"

This metasynth business is blown way out of proportion. What prog did he use in insert blank? Metasynth. Metasynth this. Metasynth that. Its replaced the ms-20. Give me a break. Mont Saint sounds like digital synths. Maybe a nord modular or Reaktor. Most of the sounds change too much to be samples.

The important question is, does it really matter what synths/software he uses. Even if you had exactly the same gear, you're still not going to sound like him.

Richard Devine uses/used mostly a lot of cSound/MaxMSP/Reaktor, but that still wont get you any nearer to sound like 'im.

This metasynth business is blown way out of proportion. What prog did he use in insert blank? Metasynth. Metasynth this. Metasynth that. Its replaced the ms-20. Give me a break. Mont Saint sounds like digital synths. Maybe a nord modular or Reaktor. Most of the sounds change too much to be samples.

this is about why my first response to any of these topics is silly nonsense. but people seemed like they wanted to be helpful, so...

Metasynth can do acid synths and and poly synths and all the sounds you here in drukqs? I didn't think it sounded that great when I used it. Maybe for doing processing. And how would he sequence it? Does it take Midi? Hey, maybe it is all metasynth

Metasynth can do acid synths and and poly synths and all the sounds you here in drukqs? I didn't think it sounded that great when I used it. Maybe for doing processing. And how would he sequence it? Does it take Midi? Hey, maybe it is all metasynth

i'm not sure who this was directed at, but i fully admit to having no fucking clue how that song was made. i've never even used metasynth, don't ask me how it works. maybe he just doodles pretty pictures while on substances. i have a pc, and i don't think metasynth runs on those.

i did, however, try coagula. i now have aural representations of richard nixon and various shots of ketchup bottles.

I dont really know its capabilities, im just saying its a digital synth. I doubt he would have used it. But he could have for some of the stuff. Lots of samples are what Im thinking were used, or it could have been oscar, I dont know. But yeah I agree, I thought you were implying metasynth was an analog synth or something.

Archived