IGNORED

SAW 85-92 re-released + remastered on vinyl - Anyone got it?

UK-DUDE

Aphex Twins Selected Ambient Works 85-92 has been re-released on vinyl, remastered apparantly, so I picked up a copy the other week. Anyway, I put it on last night and it sounds awful. Its sounds all distorted and like its got a load of fluff on the vinyl. Its not my setup because I've received some new underworld vinyl and that plays perfect.

Has anyone else picked this re-release up and if so whats the quality like your end?

Guest HankCrank
Aphex Twins Selected Ambient Works 85-92 has been re-released on vinyl, remastered apparantly, so I picked up a copy the other week. Anyway, I put it on last night and it sounds awful. Its sounds all distorted and like its got a load of fluff on the vinyl. Its not my setup because I've received some new underworld vinyl and that plays perfect.

Has anyone else picked this re-release up and if so whats the quality like your end?

you do know that the CD version sounds bad as well, don't you? Bad as in dodgy source rather than bad in any aesthetic sense, as it has a fantastic muffled atmosphere that adds to the greatness.

Archived