IGNORED

Aphex Twin - Blackbox Life Recorder 21f / in a room7 F760 [WAP480C] (July 28, 2023)

3 hours ago, zazen said:

Really like the cover art

Me too

On 6/21/2023 at 11:06 AM, Rubin Farr said:

5. blackbox life recorder 20 ambient 760 (320k mp3 link below) "while stocks last"

Maybe some more on the Aphex store after release? Maybe.....

On 6/21/2023 at 5:34 PM, psn said:

Ordered clear vinyl + CD from the Aphex store, would have cost me 11 Euros more on Bandcamp.

I'm not getting the cd just in case the Japanese version is in a jewel case, as I have the last few releases that way.

12 hours ago, beerwolf said:

There’s also a lot of very funny posts in all new Aphex threads. Seems that the new tune is well liked (I like it) but all the politics of cost of a physical copy and the confusion of what the fuck is actually going on, and missing tracks that may appear later or may not. Or is it an EP or is it a single. Or is a new album coming. Or why didn’t he release this track from this live set, which is far better than that track. Is either a) very tiring horseshit, or b) funny.

Yeah, this kind of circus always accompanies an Aphex release doesn't it? It can't be any worse than the stunned outrage when he was asking for 40 quid for Analord 10 + Binder and virtually everybody regrets not buying that now.

45 minutes ago, Key said:

..... virtually everybody regrets not buying that now.

And those who bought it regret if they actually used the binder for stocking their lords...

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

from Weirdcore’s Instagram 

IMG_0450.jpeg

IMG_0451.jpeg

Hmmm, that second picture of the Japanese cd doesn't look like a jewel case. Looks like I may have to put all my cardboard Aphex EP cd's out and pre-order the new one after all.

8 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

Hmmm, that second picture of the Japanese cd doesn't look like a jewel case. Looks like I may have to put all my cardboard Aphex EP cd's out and pre-order the new one after all.

I think it’s a CG image 

2 hours ago, LooseLink said:

very Selected Ambient Works-esque, or a little after, cool!

Agreed. A few have said this.

I've got SAW on right now. Listening to Ageispolis ATM. His music is on a level of it's own.

• Like 1

Finally gave Black Box a few listens. Got out on the bike riding through the forest, beside the river. Pretty song with a melody and chords that feel like they were plucked from the SAW 85-92 era mixed with Syro-y percussion. I feel like I was in the perfect setting to appreciate it. Seemed really pleasant and calming out in nature. Then I got in the car and pulled up the ambient mix. Not sure why but that shit sounded depressing af ? gonna stick with the original.

• Like 1